“Gorgeous Place To Stay, Love The Indoor Pool!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I came here for a wedding earlier this year and was surprised with the interior of this suite. It is stunning inside with an inclosed atrium type setting where the continental breakfast was served. Then behind that area is a lovely indoor heated pool. Not sure about the hours but if I wasn't at a wedding I would have loved to take a night dip. Again not sure what's allowed too late due to everything at this place being inside and having a little bit of an echo. They were totally able to accommodate us with extra cots and bedding and the noise levels due to unexpected guests staying for obvious reasons. Hand down a great experience and a great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The toilet broke - twice - and we had to leave the hotel early on Sunday morning to find a bathroom for my children to use because the lobby bathroom was also closed. The staff kept saying they were on their way to fix it and never came. In addition, the food was stale, the carpets weren't very clean, the coffee supplies were not replenished, and there were not enough towels in the room. I was a loyal Embassy Suites fan before this - never again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
211ESArcadia, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear John,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for sharing your experience with us. We regret to hear about your disappointment during your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered, from the maintenance problems in your bathroom to the cleanliness issues in your guest room. Our Housekeeping team takes the utmost pride in the cleanliness of our suites and we will look into why your coffee supplies were not replenished.

I'm curious about your food being stale, as all items are put out fresh daily and for the most part replenished quite frequently due to the volume in our complimentary services.

It is unusual for both of our public restrooms to be closed at the same time. However, we will work with our staff to see why another suite wasn't offered to you and your family to utilize for the bathroom (unless of course we were sold out).

We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our guests and to enhance the overall experience AND never want to lose a loyal Embassy Fan.

We hope that if you are ever back in Southern California you will give us another try.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I love the Embassy Suites in Arcadia, California. The staff here are very helpful and friendly. The surrounding neighborhood is filled name brand restaurants, so dining is not a problem. There is a mall nearby which is also very nice and I have enjoyed the movie theater while visiting. I think that anyone who chooses to stay at this facility will be very happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here over the Labor day weekend and as expected it was very crowded. I felt the staff did a good job trying to keep up with the crowd. We are Hilton Honors members and I was surprised at getting a 2nd floor room near the elevators which tends to be rather noisy. I didn't complain to very busy staff and took the room. The room was clean and was what I expected from an Embassy room. Everything worked in the room and was adequate. Elevators were slow due to crowds and ice machine on second floor did not work.
I thought the location was very good, close to freeway and many good restaurants within walking distance. We loved the Vietnamese place just a block and a half away. The carpets in the lobby are completely filthy which was surprising in such a glamorous entry. The breakfast/ evening reception area could use some cleaning and wasn't quite able to handle the crowds but with a little patience it worked - just don't look at the floor. The breakfast cooks were amazing - really worked hard and fast to keep up with the crowds some of the best we have seen at an Embassy suites! One morning, I was unable to find a plate, orange juice, or a table but with some waiting it all worked out - the staff was obviously past their limits! We stayed until Tuesday morning and it was a whole different experience - plenty of everything that morning!
I don't think I would stay here again but it definitely was adequate and the bed was comfortable. The lobby/breakfast area definitely needs a deep cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

As others have mentioned the atrium has a pronounced chorine smell. The beds were typical of the Hilton clan. My gripes center around the bathroom. There was a big chip out of the sink. The shower head was way too low and the spigot was hard to adjust. The shower curtain rod bowed out and prevented the bathroom door from fully opening. This meant that while seated you had to close the door. While seated you could see mold growing under the rim of the sink! Oh and the toilet seat was so cheap that then I put my foot up on it while drying I thought my foot would crack it. Room A/C was also substandard. Happy Hour and breakfast both were very nice.

Room Tip: I would suspect large families could save some breakfast money by staying here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cranky64
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The outside of this Embassy looks great, and the inside is decorated nicely. I feel this hotel did not come close to meeting Embassy standards as far as cleanliness due to very dirty carpets and the pool/hot tub area being dirty also. As stated by another visitor we also had issues with our door mechanism and they had to change the whole lock out on our 3rd day staying. On another note the breakfast and chef's were always good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The shower water outlet was clogged, we called hotel front desk , within 10 mins, the maintance staff came. fast service and good front desk customer service. the hotel is in a nice area with lots of good restaurants nearby. Not bad to stay, but expected the outdated facilities.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chow_family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd.

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!