“Gotta love the”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Houston, Texas
“Gotta love the”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

My parents and I stayed here 6 nights during the Christmas holiday in 2012. The room was nice as expected - 2 rooms, each with TV, microwave, and refrigerator. The Embassy does offer free breakfast and the manager's special, free snacks and drinks (including cocktails).

The downside was that due to the number of families staying during the holidays, the breakfast and mgr's special times were complete chaos. There were not enough tables to accommodate the number of people at these times and children running loose in their pj's drove me crazy, but that is not the hotel's fault. There were some issues with the elevators being out of service and I notified the front desk regarding one of the elevators. They were friendly and quick to respond.

The hotel is less than a mile from I-210. There are also several restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Overall, it was a very nice stay and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was sent to this hotel on a business trip. My stay was for five days. I was in my 3rd room by the second day.The only positive during this stay were the cooks and bus staff during breakfast. The Managers reception offered free drinks (thats a plus), the hordevors were almost a joke (crackers/runny nachos). The rooms; DIRTYl smelly rooms. Plumbing that backs up. Beds hard as rocks. Managment doesnt seem to care.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

211ESArcadia, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Frank,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in our area and we apologize for the problems you encountered.

We have discussed the plumbing issues with our maintenance team and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers. I will definiately look into the "runny" nacho cheese, during our Manager's Reception - it shouldn't be "runny"! Our Manager's reception of complimentary beverages and light snack is a great feature along with cooked-to-order breakfast - I'm glad you enjoyed both.

I assure you that management does care about our guests and their experiences. We hope that you will give us another opportunity and know that you won't be disappointed in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Arcadia hotels

Anchorage, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had reserved early arrival. It wasnt in their system and they had no room, made me wait 2 hours for one and while they told me to wait in the lobby (this was their only solution and gave me a attitude it was my problem and not theirs) they proceeded to give out rooms while I waited and didnt tell me. I had to go to them, remind them i was sitting there over 2 hours. They were no sorry, no appology, just well here is a room. Didnt recognize me either as a Diamond member with over 10+ stays a year there.

Dear Clark,

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve while checking in. We try to honor early arrivals as best we can, but sometimes it is difficult if we are sold out the night before. In regards to checking others in prior to you, they may have had another room type than what you resevered - something that our front office agents may have missed in communicating to you.

We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us, especially because you are one of our frequent guests.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.
Sacramento, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Good hotel for the price. Complementary breakfast is outstanding. Had a minor problem with the room sink but made do. Room was clean and quiet. Location is close to highway and convenient. Many restaraunts within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I chose this hotel on the recommendation of the hospital I was visiting here on business. I arrived very early in the morning after a long flight into LA - well before check in time - but the staff were very accommodating and found me a room straight away. It was a bottom floor room and close to the lifts so noisier than most rooms but at that point I didn't care, all I wanted was a shower!, and it really didn't bother me. Breakfast was nice, the freshly cooked omelettes are tasty but there isn't too much else on offer unless you want sugar-laden cereals and bakery goods. Stick to the cooked-to-order menu and you'll be happy! The evening drinks/snack was literally just a snack (chips, savoury biscuits, cheese etc.) which was fine, I've been in other hotels with the same although it was substantial enough for me to have as dinner! I ordered room service both nights and both times was greeted with friendly staff and well prepared tasty food, all within twenty minutes of ordering. The room service meals were very well priced too given the 'entree salad' I had one night was more than I could eat! Impressed. The rooms are quite dated yes, and although I was in a non-smoking room there was a distinct stale smell whenever I came back to the room. But it was very clean and comfortable, spacious and had free wi-fi which worked beautifully in the main room. All in all a pleasant stay, happy days.

Room Tip: If you can avoid the bottom floor and near the lifts you'll definitely have less noise!
Mt. Shasta, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel in the past and were satisfied. This time, it seemed a bit run down and not real clean. Our room had several little things wrong-door knob to the bedroom broken, no hot water in the sink in the bedroom, some markings on the wall, remote for main tv didn't work. Just didn't seem up to the normal standards we expect from an Embassy Suites. On the positive side, breakfast was good and staff was friendly. Probably will choose another hotel next time. Also, they were apparently working in the room above us one morning, lots of stomping and banging on the floor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shastatraveler
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

This embassy suites is kind of out dated. Not a lot of people stay there it seems. It has an indoor pool. The evening reception was the worst of any Embassy suites I have been to. The Breakfast was not a great experience but ok. Better make sure you have your ticket for breakfast or you will not eat. It was ok but will probably just venture to the one by LAX or some place else next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Sarah F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!