“Not perfect, but valiant effort!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Waterloo
“Not perfect, but valiant effort!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel was our home for four/five days in August for the start of our family vacation. We day tripped it to the desert, to the mountains, to the tar pits, to shopping, and this location was perfect!!! The housekeeping left a little to be desired, but when I put in a call for missing towels, amenities and such - delivery to my room was IMMEDIATE. Just too bad I had to make the call in the first place (multiple times). And my pet peeve - no hot water. The engineer took a look and there was hot water - in the middle of the day - which was no helpful.

Embassy Suite extras were great during the week - more than overwhelmed on the weekends. The bartender was ridiculous during the week and pouring four ounce scotches. That is just stupid wasteful. No one needs that much booze (free or not) at 6pm at night.

The parking lot was being repaved and I though the hotel handled it VERY well and overcommunicated the plans and revised parking areas. Well done.

The manager was diligent about our issues and re-imbursed us one night when we checked out. Thanks for the gesture. It certainly helped with the inconveniences.

Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Love the Starbucks across the road!!! Close and convenient to dozens of restaurants and the expressw...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank UWaterlooTraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

It is definitely way below a normal Embassy Suite. It needs an upgrade (not to the extend of a major renovation). My complains are: (1) there are smoking rooms at this property, (2) air conditioning, (3) poorly maintained room, (4) unfriendly staff,and (5) slow elevator.

I was very disappointed to get a 'smoking room'. The front desk might be willing but said there was no room to accommodate me. In this day and age, I was surprised that

The air conditioning is ineffective.

We were constantly sweating in our room even in dry Southern Califonia weather. We lowered our room temperature to 68F. it made no difference.

We had two large size burn marks on our room carpet. One was about 2"x3". The other was about 1"x2". Bath tub had a layer of gritty material in the tub when I took a shower the first time. It was easiler washed off. One interior door knob was loose and can be pulled off without efforts. In their defense, I did not report it. However, I would think cleaning ladies had multiple opportunities to catch it everyday.

Front desk staff was polite, but stiff. They are not warm nor helpful. They never smiled I did not feel that I was welcomed..

Elevator was slow. One was broken for the two days I was there. We spent a lot of time waiting for the elevator car.

If you prefer the location, there are Residence Inn and Hampton Inn right next door. there is a Double Tree hotel within 1/4 mile.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank E L

Travelers are raving about these Arcadia hotels

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I should've checked reviews of this place before staying there. My expectations of Embassy suites were rui. But I wont judge all just because I didn't have a nice experience. Front desk didn't seem friendly @ all. No one seem happy with their job. Don't recomed this place at all.

• Stayed August 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Not up to embassy suites standards and the property is in serious need of updating. The wireless to the rooms is poor, the elevators controls are in need of updating- it takes forever to get an elevator. The rooms are spacious but AC is poor the furnishing and decor is again very dated, old and somewhat dirty! The area around the hotel is fantastic with many options for a variety of activities. If it wasn't for the wonderful staff, great breakfast and managers reception this property would be a great disappointment.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank AK-reviewer
Tooele, Utah, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The air conditioner didn't cool our room at all (mid-July). I sweated all night for the entire (three night) stay. After the first day the Hotel offered us big noisy box fans. The carpets throughout the Hotel, and in our room, definitely needed some deep cleaning - they were disgusting.
I gave two stars instead of zero because the rooms and bathrooms were roomy, the atrium was nice, and the food was good. But none of that makes up for not being able to sleep because of the heat.

Room Tip: The lower floors probably are not as hot as the upper floors.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Thad L
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place was old but that would have been ok had it not been for the filthy (truly filthy) stained carpet everywhere--in the rooms, in the hallways,... I was told they were in the process of getting new carpet but it clearly was not of concern for them to keep the carpet looking even somewhat clean. It also doesn't have central air conditioning and with the gross carpet, old furniture, and stale air, the smells and feel of the hotel made me feel dirty. Our room had sticky residue left on one of the end tables when we first arrived which made me wonder what else wasn't cleaned well. Even the fountain entrance area had something black and sticky on them and they were no maintenance people looking after these common areas. I didn't feel clean here and I couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
california
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed here for one Friday night in mid-June. When we arrived at 8pm, they no-longer have a non-smoking room with two doubles as we requested in the reservation. We were offered a choice of a suite with a king size bed and sofa pull out, or a smoking room with two doubles; we settled for the suite with the king size bed. The breakfast buffet offered plenty of choices to get one ready for the rest of the day. The chef, working the griddle, was happy to make egg-white only omelette if one so desired. The dinning area was large enough to accommodate the guests, and only started to get a bit crowded at around 9am. Since we stayed at the 7th floor, I was concern about having to wait for elevator to get back to our room after breakfast, but the 4 elevators serving 7 floors were able to handle the traffics volume without queues forming. Finally, there are lots of places to eat, a block away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Given a choice, i would prefer to stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor, so I don't have to use the eleva...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank t0pgun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!