“Friendly Staff for Tired Travelers”
Review of The Patio Mediterranean Cuisine - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Patio Mediterranean Cuisine
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Although we did not eat here, we only stopped in for hookah on the patio and a drink, we found our visit to be quite nice and the staff was attentive but not overly attentive on a very quiet and slow night. If we return to the area we will certainly visit again and try the food that actually smelled great.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

If you like Lebanese food - and lots of it, this is the place for you. Granted the ambiance is kind of nonexistent, but the dishes make up for that. There is an interesting Mediterranean mural on the wall, but that's about the closest you'll get to feeling you're somewhere exotic. The restaurant features a full bar and drinks were good and strong. As far as the menu goes, if you order appetizers you will have a hard time finishing an entree. Our group tried the hummus (very tasty), the halloum - a fried goat cheese treat on the lines of the Greek saganaki, the fried kebbeh and the chicken liver dish. The appetizers came in such generous quantities that we were all able to taste them. For entrees two of our group tried the Mediterranean feast and they were very happy campers.The feast featured samples of just about every item on the menu. We also tried the combo grill, the lamb chops, and the shrimp kabobs. I didn't hear a single complaint from anyone. Service was prompt and pleasant.
The place wasn't crowded. In fact, except for a group celebrating a birthday, we were the only ones there. This wasn't the best mediterranean food I've ever eaten, but it was good, plentiful and authentic.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

In another part of the country, this might get 3.5 out of 5, but since there are so many great Middle Eastern and Armenian places in the LA area, this place is below average.

We were LITERALLY the only people in the joint the entire time there. Waiter was snarky and snarly when I gave him a restaurant.com coupon at the beginning of the meal and even more so when I asked him if I could get my shawerma without the tahini. He said it was too late and that it said it was served this way on the menu. I told him it was not, so he proceeded to get the menu to prove me wrong and he was wrong. From that point on he was much nicer, but how ridiculous is that- he wouldnt' have taken it back otherwise? Maybe that is why the place was so empty.

Anyways, the actual food was oh kay, but nothing amazing and the atmosphere feels like it could be turned into a cheesy nite club at the snap of a finger. I don't know but this place not only had just oh kay food, but the atmosphere just felt wrong.

Try somwehere else. There are plenty of places in the area that serve this type of cuisine in a better atmosphere with better staff ith better food!

1  Thank GlendaleCA