“Rude Service”

Shrimp House
Ranked #22 of 240 Restaurants in Arcadia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Specializing in Golden Fried Shrimp, Fish and Scallops. Also available; Grilled Fish, Steak, Chicken, Salads, Sandwiches, Lunch menu, Child's menu, Take-out Family Packs and Beer and Wine.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have no complaints about the food because we have been to this restaurant several times before. The jumbo shrimp is the best BUT their customer service leaves much to be desired. Sometimes the service has been slow but we've overlooked that in anticipation for the jumbo shrimp.

Sunday night at 7:45 PM my husband and I went in for dinner to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. The OPEN sign was displayed. As we entered the door, there was no seating in the first half of the restaurant as all of the booths were occupied. There was a table in the center that likely seated eight to ten people. (It was just the two of us). So we walked farther in to the other half that we saw had people seated and saw that there were a few booths unoccupied by the front entrance.

As we went to sit down at a booth, a woman began speaking (loudly and very rudely) "is this for here or to go?", and then telling us that the section that we were about to sit in was closing and that we had to sit in the other section which was fully occupied. Since there were no booths unoccupied in that section, we walked thru the occupied section and straight out the door to our car.

The restaurant had booths and tables available in the section that 'was closing' but apparently preferred to lose two customers (who likely would have spent at least $50.00) by not allowing us to sit at an unoccupied booth. The woman was rude and made no attempt whatsoever to seat us. Customer service was completely absent. We didn't appreciate the lack of concern with seating us nor the rudeness shown. She acted like she didn't need our business. Very rude service.

Will we go back? At this point, I don't think so.

4  Thank Ninee
Nicholas C, Owner at Shrimp House, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2015

We apologize for your experience. I have changed some personnel, revamped the rules, and retrained the employee's to make sure something like this will never happen again. I wish I could give you and excuse or reason for the behavior but I can't. I can only guarantee it will not happen again.

There are newer reviews for Shrimp House

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Casual dining. Love this place. We've been coming here for years. The shrimp and fish is so fresh and cooked to perfection. I've had shrimp grilled and deep fried and I love both. They also serve a small steak that is also good. We always start out with their New England clam chowder, it is so creamy and flavorful. My hubby orders shrimp & fish with fries & rice and I get the same with salad & veggies then we share. YUM!!! The service is excellent and the decor is very nautical. Items are priced fairly. Great lunch specials served between 11 am & 2:30 pm. for $7 - $9.00. We've been here twice in the past 2 weeks and look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Shirley M
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'm your basic shrimp fanatic. LOVE shrimp, boiled, fried, tempura, scampi or just about any way they make them.
Well, this little place has some of the absolutely best breaded, butterflied and deep fried shrimp I've ever put in my mouth. And you can't complain about the price, either. I ordered the 10 Large shrimp, and they were each a mouthful. Total shrimp heaven.
Will I go back, absolutely. Hope to see you there, you'll love it, too.

1  Thank computerprofessor
Reviewed January 3, 2011

If you like shrimp and other seafood, this is the place. The service is excellent and the menu is very extensive. I had the "large" sized shrimp platter which had 10 shrimp on it. My husband went for the deluxe combination platter which included a salad with shrimp, shrimp, fish and fried oysters. We both added clam chowder. The Manhattan chowder was better than the Boston chowder. The prices are reasonable for the amount of food you get. If we're ever in the area, we'll stop there again. http://www.originalshrimphouse.net/

1  Thank cjmzsc
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Really nice place - sort of stuck in the 50's style of restaurant. GREAT fish choices, love the tartar sauce, the fries and the ambience. Wonderful wait staff that have been here for years and take good care of their customers. Reasonably priced at lunch - kind of expensive for dinner.

2  Thank Riccio1