“Shrimp Heaven”

Shrimp House
Ranked #31 of 238 Restaurants in Arcadia
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Specializing in Golden Fried Shrimp, Fish and Scallops. Also available; Grilled Fish, Steak, Chicken, Salads, Sandwiches, Lunch menu, Child's menu, Take-out Family Packs and Beer and Wine.
Alta Loma
“Shrimp Heaven”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Casual dining. Love this place. We've been coming here for years. The shrimp and fish is so fresh and cooked to perfection. I've had shrimp grilled and deep fried and I love both. They also serve a small steak that is also good. We always start out with their New England clam chowder, it is so creamy and flavorful. My hubby orders shrimp & fish with fries & rice and I get the same with salad & veggies then we share. YUM!!! The service is excellent and the decor is very nautical. Items are priced fairly. Great lunch specials served between 11 am & 2:30 pm. for $7 - $9.00. We've been here twice in the past 2 weeks and look forward to our next visit.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Shirley M

Culver City
“I've found heaven...”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'm your basic shrimp fanatic. LOVE shrimp, boiled, fried, tempura, scampi or just about any way they make them.
Well, this little place has some of the absolutely best breaded, butterflied and deep fried shrimp I've ever put in my mouth. And you can't complain about the price, either. I ordered the 10 Large shrimp, and they were each a mouthful. Total shrimp heaven.
Will I go back, absolutely. Hope to see you there, you'll love it, too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank computerprofessor
Henderson, NV and Seaside Park, NJ
“Seafood lovers delight”
Reviewed January 3, 2011

If you like shrimp and other seafood, this is the place. The service is excellent and the menu is very extensive. I had the "large" sized shrimp platter which had 10 shrimp on it. My husband went for the deluxe combination platter which included a salad with shrimp, shrimp, fish and fried oysters. We both added clam chowder. The Manhattan chowder was better than the Boston chowder. The prices are reasonable for the amount of food you get. If we're ever in the area, we'll stop there again. http://www.originalshrimphouse.net/

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank cjmzsc
Arcadia, California
“Fun Place - Good Food - Go For Lunch”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Really nice place - sort of stuck in the 50's style of restaurant. GREAT fish choices, love the tartar sauce, the fries and the ambience. Wonderful wait staff that have been here for years and take good care of their customers. Reasonably priced at lunch - kind of expensive for dinner.

2 Thank Riccio1
Philomath, Oregon
“Go for the SHRIMP, not the decor”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I remember going to the Shrimp House when it was at Five Points in El Monte. I also recall how disappointed I was when my parents allowed me to have only TWO of their shrimp. Now that I am (alas), well past childhood, I can order as many of the jumbo shrimp as I want. And, indeed, these are JUMBO! Four were almost more than I could eat! Decor is simple - great place to bring kids. No dressy clothes here. Wait staff friendly but very busy. We'll be back!

1 Thank 3CatMom