“Always busy - due to the food & atmosphere”

Manuel's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 74 Restaurants in Aptos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2012

A must visit every time we are in the area. Reservations will make the wait shorter but will not eliminate it. Even my son who is not a big Mexican food fan enjoys Manuel's.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Everytime I come here it seems all in the place are having a fun time. The regional specials are SPECIAL. The margaritas are great and the staff is attentive. A nice dinner spot.

1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed December 2, 2012

A very busy night, but expected more.
We got a table right off, but it took over 15 minutes to get a menu, then another 10 minutes to place an order. So about 45 minutes later we had our meals, which appeared to be OK.
Other than the cockroaches that were passing by our feet. Needless to say, we asked for and paid our bill, then quickly departed.
Don't think we will return.....if you know what I mean....

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Made a reservation, arrived at Manuel's and was promptly seated on a busy Saturday night. The water, chips and salsa arrived shortly thereafter--things were off to a great start. Within a few minutes the friendly and competent waiter took our orders and delivered our beverages. A short time later our meals arrived and the experience went downhill in a hurry. I ordered the tostada with guacamole and chicken. It was mostly lettuce and the chicken was not grilled and reminded me of the chicken in Campbell's soup. The guacamole had good flavor what little there was of it. My other dish was a chile relleno that came on a hot plate, but the food was barely warm. Hard to believe it could cool off so quickly....unless maybe it was sitting around waiting for my order. My sweetheart also had a ho-hum chile relleno and a quesadilla con todo that was quite good. Well I guess one out of four deserves about two stars. Won't be going back there soon. Although we've been there in the past and thought highly of it, this experience was quite the opposite.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

It's been about year, but it is the same old tired Mex food. When I get lazy and don’t want to drive too far, I give this place another try out of desperation for a Mex food fix… and always am disappointed. The saving grace are the strong tequila margaritas. Might as well get blitzed while eating mediocre Mex food. Don't understand this place’s popularity, but it certainly is crowded.