“Great Breakfast”

Sanderlings Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sanderlings Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 70 Restaurants in Aptos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sumner Ave.
California
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My California omelet was amazing. Only 2 eggs, so plenty of room for lots of "stuff" (artichoke hearts, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, olives, etc). The rest of the family had fruit-topped pancakes or waffles, which were very good as well. Beautiful view of the water, and outdoor seating if you want it.

Visited March 2013

Albany, New York
“A Frequent Pleasant Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

My spouse and I come to Aptos once or twice a year on a family visit. The Sanderlings is an important part of the visit. Even though we often dine at the restaurant, our real treat is the patio. I especially like the special $7.99 luncheon menu. We had that yesterday and we both had short ribs with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Quite good! The portions were adequate and my informal calorie count was around 400 to 500. I wanted fish and chips, but they ran out. We often stop by at four to five in the afternoon for a glass of wine after our beach walk. The house Chardonnay is Berringers and costs $5 for a 4 oz glass. They have no bar snacks that would be a good addition. The patio has a wonderful view and is a must stop if you are walking on the beach or staying at the resort. We do get email announcements from the resort and Sanderlings and I am impressed by their innovative chef and manager. They try very hard and are doing things correctly and make the restaurant inviting. Saying all this, the resort is starting to look a bit frayed.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank esccec2016
Wylie, Texas
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My company sponsored a three day conference there and we had a group dinner there one night. I ordered the rib eye steak and when my plate arrived the vegatables were stone cold as where the mashed potatoes. The steak was not even luke warm. Sent the whole lot back. Steak came back very hot and, now, overcooked.

Not worth the money paid even by someone else.

Santa Cruz, California
“+ nice setting atop a cliff with ocean view, + decent choice of food, - decor inside the restaurant could be more cozy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Food:
I knew the Seascape Resort from hikes along the beach and cliff line and was thrilled to finally come here for dinner. My companions and I went for the Restaurant Week Menu and most dishes were excellent. Unfortunately I chose the scallops as entree and they were just average but the grilled artichoke and the brownie sundae made up for it. Next time I will go with the roasted chicken or salmon, which turned out to be mouth-watering.

Atmosphere:
The resort lobby is very cozy with a large fire pit, something that is missing in the restaurant. However, the view is scenic and if you are lucky you can spot some deer that graze along the hedge.

BTW - An insider's tip is their happy hour at the bar!

+ nice setting atop a cliff with ocean view,
+ decent choice of food,
- decor inside the restaurant could be more cozy

• Visited October 2012
Hanford, California
“Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great food, great view, great service. You can't go wrong here. There are windows on 3 sides of the restaurant all overlooking the beach and the ocean

Visited October 2012