“Nice place, great breakfast buffet but sign up for summer promotion BEFORE you check in.”

Best Western Seacliff Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Aptos
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have stayed here many times, whenever we are in the area. There is currently a summer promotion going on - stay 3 times and get one night free. While checking in and giving the attendant my Best Western Rewards card I asked about the promotion. She was clueless as to any of the details/requirements. When I checked back later I was told by a different attendant that you have to register for this summer promotion program BEFORE checking for the stay to count. That meant this 3 night stay wouldn't count. I called the number on the back of the rewards card and that person basically said the same thing, but she did register me for the summer promotion for future stays. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was finally told that the 1st night wouldn't count, but since I had now registered for the summer promotion the last 2 nights would count since I hadn't checked out yet. It's really too bad the original attendant wasn't trained to tell me how this works. What a hassle!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
seacliff7500, Manager at Best Western Seacliff Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Deidre V,

Thank you for your comments and for your continued loyalty staying at the Seacliff Inn when visiting the area. Please accept our sincere apology for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Please accept my assurances that I have already taken the matter up with Nadine (our Front Office manager) and we will be retraining the staff on the desk on these promotions as a matter of urgency. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Sad that Barkeep charged me a different price for a glass of wine than quoted in wine menu. Room refrigerator froze everything although the only irreplaceable item lost to the freeze was immunotherapy vaccine. I am 2500 miles from home and unable to have medication made in a local or national pharmacy chain. I will need to start injections over again when I return to North Carolina. Some mix up with bill; husband was quoted one price and charged another which added to the stress over Memorial Day weekend.

Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that your stay didn't live up to your expectations. We strive for the highest level of excellence and it is disappointing to learn that we missed the mark. I would first like to apologize that you were charged a different price then what the wine menu stated. We recently updated our wine menus, and it seems that one of the old menus must have accidently been in circulation. We hope we made it up to you by refunding your card for the glass of wine and tip left to the bartender.
I am mostly disappointed to read that everything in the refrigerator was frozen, especially your vaccine. We set all of our refrigerators at a temperature to prevent this from happening. The thermostat must have accidently been hit or adjusted by another guest, but I will let our housekeeping department know to check and make sure it is on the correct setting when guests depart.
In regards to the misunderstanding with your bill and price quoted for the room rate, I want to let you know that we offer different room rates for weekdays and weekends, and the rate you were stating was quoted to you is our group discounted weekday rate. I apologize for any confusion; however, it is my understanding that Brianna did take care of the situation in order to ensure you left our property happy with your stay.
Again, we deeply apologize, and we hope this does not jeopardize any plans to stay again with us in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is an adequate hotel, but it is showing signs of wear, dreary, old carpets, etc. Generally, the staff is aloof and nothing special. The complimentary breakfast is pretty good with hot items and a "to go" coffee area which was nice. Internet reception is good. I did not go in the pool, but it looked clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
seacliff7500, Manager at Best Western Seacliff Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear PaloAltobaby,

Thank you for your detailed review. We love hearing both good and bad from our customers so that we can improve on their next stay. We apologize your stay at the Seacliff Inn was just okay. Customer satisfaction surveys like Tripadvisor, is one of our most unique driving force in terms of how well we are taking care of our customers.

We continue to strive to exceed each and every guest’s expectations and work to ensure that all of our employees are knowledgeable, cheerful and confident in handling our guest’s requests. We take your comments very seriously and care about the quality given to our guests. Please be assured your observations will be shared with our entire team and will certainly assist in our ongoing improvements throughout the hotel. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others and giving us the opportunity to better serve all of our guests.

Best wishes,
Managment

Reviewed May 24, 2014

attending wedding at Chaminade, BW was only 4mi away, same ammenities, we got 2nt here for price of one at resort; BW had comp drinks, full breakfast, very nice dinner (we had calamari-yum!). very quiet off street location, nice lodge type units nestled in lush gardens; close to beach, Santa Cruz and all that means; Safeway just across street with gas and food. We had lower level accessible room, didn't need it but didn't want to haul bags upstairs. Room is big, big closet but KILLER threshold we jammed our toes and stepped on with bare feet many times, NOT good esp. for anyone with mobility issues. overall nice place, close and quiet to whatever you want to (Monterey, SF, boardwalk, etc.) and you get points for BW!

Dear SSaw2,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind comments and are delighted you had a wonderful experience during your visit. We of course agree with your sentiments completely that our property feels like a resort but with a more affordable rate. Thank you for acknowledging the lush grounds, our great food, location, and complimentary breakfast buffet. I apologize that you had issues with the threshold and please be assured your comments will be shared with our entire team and will certainly assist us in our ongoing improvements throughout the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Cordially,

Reviewed May 24, 2014

hotel was nice, grounds are really pretty but the buffet breakfast was the same thing every day and was really boring..but it was included in the stay. our room could have been cleaner. you could see streaks on the furniture and mirrors like they used a dirty rag to clean with. overall was a nice place to stay. would stay there again.

Hello Rodney and Lori P,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments and feel honored that we could accommodate you during your visit to Aptos. We strive hard to provide a very welcoming staff and atmosphere. Our housekeeping department works diligently to provide service which sets us apart from other hotels, but I will bring your concerns to their attention. We strive to provide many options for breakfast including waffles, eggs, sausage, a variety of fresh fruit and cereal, pastries, yogurt and more. Please know the comments will be shared with everyone. We hope you will return to the Seacliff Inn again very soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We visit Aptos often--this was the second time we stayed here. This time we had a quiet room. The place is beautiful and feels like a resort, but the rooms are not well soundproofed. If neighbors are noisy its pretty awful. We enjoyed this stay--an end room helped.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Murray L,

Thank you for the feedback, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay this time and gave us another chance to show you how great we are. Thanks so much for your compliments on how beautiful our property is and that it feels like a resort. We sure hope we will get to see you again in the future!

Cordially,

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I was blown away by this hotel. I was nervous because the outside of the hotel could use a paint job, however the inside, the staff, the rooms, the courtyard, and the location was fantastic. It's close to everything you could want to do. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were great and the beds were awesome. The weather couldn't have been any better either. I only got to stay here for two days but looking forward to my next trip to California just so I can stay at this hotel.

Dear Dana H,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience, which seemed to be a good one! We are incredibly fortunate to have such a great hotel and we are glad we showcased that during your stay!
I do apologize that you felt our exterior looked like it needed a paint job, but your experience is very valuable to me and my team, and we will certainly be using it to improve our standard of excellence. We look forward to seeing you on your next vacation to California!

Cordially
Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aptos
Rio Sands Hotel
Capitola Venetian Hotel
Capitola Venetian Hotel
#4 of 4 in Capitola
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola

Been to Best Western Seacliff Inn? Share your experiences!