My husband, 20-month-old and I just returned from a long trip to California (Monterey area being one of the places we visited) After reading the reviews for the Seacliff Inn, I was pretty confident that it would be acceptable but wasn't prepared to LOVE this place as much as we did. All the "issues" that people have reported (walls being thin, staff being rude, breakfast not being enough) were not part of our experience. I seriously wonder who all these complainers are - probably just that: people who are a little clueless and love to complain about nothing.
We chose a pool-facing room (appx. 100/night) and requested in the special request section that we be given a renovated room. Our room was lovely and we slept like babies - didn't hear a peep or TV from the occupied adjacent rooms; staff was helpful and friendly; the continental breakfast was above and beyond - including eggs, potatoes, sausage, french toast, waffles in addition to all the things you expect at a continental breakfast. The grounds and pool were very well-kept and the "highway noise" that people comment on was non-existent.
Part of the reason we chose this hotel was because the pool area looked large in the photos and it was surrounded by lovely garden areas (and we figured it would only be fair to our 20-month-old and other hotel guests to stay at a place with ample room for her to run around and "be a kid") If you are looking for a place to bring your well-behaved youngsters, this is it. She loved going back-and-forth between the pool and jacuzzi, exploring the paths in the beautiful surrounding gardens and looking at the fish in the koi pond. As parents, we were able to relax because the atmosphere was comfortable and really beautiful and we knew our little one was stimulated and comfortable as well.
We live just outside Manhattan and I am in the public relations profession, so I certainly have high expectations and standards when it comes to service and reputation. I have to say that for what you're paying and what you get at the Best Western Plus Seacliff Inn, the entire experience EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS.
Bravo on a very well-kept property and a job well-done!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of northern California's beaches and lush natural landscape from the comfort of this luxurious Aptos hotel near the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk! Located just minutes from Seacliff Beach, this charming Aptos hotel offers easy access to the area's many attractions. The famed Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is just a short drive away, as is exciting whale watching, kayaking, sailing and more. Outdoor lovers delight in hiking through the majestic redwoods and other local flora at the nearby Wilder Ranch, Henry Cowell, and Nisene Marks State Parks. Go back in time on the historic Roaring Camp Railroads, sample some of California's finest wines at Santa Cruz wineries or get a glimpse of life under the sea at the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, less than an hour away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Seacliff Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Seacliff Hotel Aptos
- Best Western Seacliff Hotel
- Best Western Aptos
- Aptos Best Western