All reviewskoi pondsanta cruzsea cliffstate beachseacliff beachwestern hotelsbest westernshot tubpool viewnice poolfree breakfast ison site restaurantgreat place to stayclean roomsvery nice hotelshort driveyogurt
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Overall this hotel is a nice property; Beautiful grounds, great food, clean rooms, great location, just what one needs from a hotel. My only suggestion would be a change od staff. I have stayed multiple times at this property and it seems like management is going from better to worse with their staff selection. The last time I stayed was Aug 2011 and was stronly satisfied with the service I received. I was Welcomed, Acknowledge, and Thanked for staying. I wished I had the same thing to say for my latest stay (Dec 2011). I immediately notice a change of staff. Specially after not feeling welcomed upon arrival. The staff was rude, clueless, and had no customer service what so ever ( even though two claimed to be supervisors and assistant managers; not a very good representation for such a big hotel chain)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank Fox M
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a visit to the Monterey area and we stayed at Best Western Plus for one of the nights. We booked directly with Best Western and the senior rate with breakfast was about $100. Here are some pros and cons of this property:
Pros: Reasonable rate for area, staff at front desk and others were very nice and helpful, the rooms surround a garden-like area with pool, koi pond and other amenities and the breakfast included with the rate is above average with scrambled eggs, bacon, waffle and usual fruits and cereals, free newspaper at breakfast.
Cons: Hotel is next to highway one and units numbered in the 100s and 200s receive the most highway noise, the heating and air unit is a wall unit and can be noisy, and rooms are somewhat small.
If you want minimal noise choose rooms numbered 400 and above. We stayed in 205 and it had highway noise but it wasn't too bad. Overall it was a nice experience although I might look for an alternative if I return but it may take a more expensive site.

Room Tip: As noted in review choose rooms numbered 400 and above to minimize highway noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank travelnice
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed here after our wedding as well as most of the wedding party. Stayed here 2 nights around NYE. We had a double room in the 500's. Close to the bar and pool. The bathrooms are a little small here, but the complimentary breakfast makes up for it. They even give you ticket vouchers off your meal at Severino's if you sleep in past the complimentary breakfast. The hotel is really close to the freeway, the beach and Santa Cruz. My only complaint is the beds were pretty hard and uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 600's upstairs are close to the pool and bar.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Msjem00
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Not the best hotel we've ever stayed at, but not bad. It's about what you would expect from a Best Western. Inexpensive, clean room, comfy beds (though the pillows were a bit lame). It was nice, though, having a free hot breakfast every day, even if it was the same stuff. It beats wrapped Svenhardts pastries! The hot tub was VERY nice, especially in the cold January night.

There were a few problems though, but mainly minor ones. Two out of the three days there, they forgot to give us a bag for the ice bucket. The front desk staff was pretty much useless for the few things I needed: when I asked about free movies (as their in-room binder suggested there were -- they were on a page talking about free amenities) the girl at the counter looked at me like I was stupid. When I went to the counter to get aforementioned ice bag, she said they didn't have any and offered me a regular plastic bag instead.

Their Wi-Fi, while free, was laughably slow. It may be because my room was about as far from the front of the hotel as you could be, but it was difficult to get much done.

Overall, the stay was fine. The hotel is by no means memorable, though it is pretty. If you are looking for somewhere to stay that isn't bad, then go here. If you are looking for an experience, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chad S
seacliff7500, General Manager at Best Western Seacliff Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Dear Chad,
Thank you for your detailed review. We love hearing both good and bad from our customers so that we can improve on their next stay. We apologize your stay at the Seacliff Inn was not up to your satisfaction. Customer satisfaction surveys like Trip advisor, is one of our most unique driving force in terms of how well we are taking care of our customers.

At the Seacliff Inn, we pride ourselves on our high levels of service, great food, offering great value for money and giving our guests the home away from home experience. Part of our mission at the Seacliff Inn is having fast, friendly, and effective service, so that our cutomers leave here feeling great about their experience. In 2008 we established a “Going Above and Beyond” recognition program for all of our employees with direct customer contact.

We continue to strive to exceed each and every guest’s expectations and work to ensure that all of our employees are knowledgeable, cheerful and confidant in handling our guest’s requests. We again extend our sincere apologies that you were not completely satisfied and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome her back in the near future!

Reviewed November 12, 2011

So, you read Best Western, and you think, hmm, been there, done that. Well, the front desk staff welcoming, the beds are super comfy, the breakfast buffet included scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, oatmeal, pastries: ALL INCLUDED in the room rate! The next door neighbors, unfortunately, seemed to be enjoying something like a honeymoon. At 8:30pm. At 1am. But, of course, that's not the hotel's fault they were really loud. Stained comforter, which is why I never touch those things. But other than that, great location right near Cabrillo College, a small movie theater and Aptos Burger. YUM! That alone is a good reason to stay there.

Room Tip: We asked for quiet, so we were in the 300s, but you can hear freeway traffic no matter what.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family