I'm not sure who's crazier -- the person who decided this dump should cost $180 per night, or me for paying it and not demanding my money back.
Even for 1/3 of the price, it would NOT have been worth it. Call me crazy, but I expect to be able to sleep in a relatively quiet room. But the only room they had was right across from the laundry room. And with paper thin walls, this was a huge issue in the morning. Actually it was a huge issue at night as well, since other guests were playing loud music outside until midnight.
When they say Best Western Plus, I they don't mean it's any nicer than a regular Best Western. The plus means "Plus a bunch of weird rules." At the front desk we had to sign a long contract agreeing not to make noise, or they'd charge us extra! Guess those rules didn't apply to whoever was making all the racket at night, or the maids doing laundry while gossiping, or the people who got up at 7AM(!!!) for breakfast and shouting at each other across the patio.
The other rule we had to agree to was not to bring alcohol anywhere except my room and the restaurant. Yet in spite of this rule, the bar was happy to bring beer and cocktails straight to the hot tub for other guests. Again, perhaps nobody else had to agree to these rules but me?
But to end this on a positive note, the hotel's river had a lovely collection of koi fish, and their hot tub was fantastic after pulling a muscle in my neck earlier in the day. I'd never even consider staying here again, but maybe I'd sneak in and use the hot tub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of northern California's beaches and lush natural landscape from the comfort of this luxurious Aptos hotel near the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk! Located just minutes from Seacliff Beach, this charming Aptos hotel offers easy access to the area's many attractions. The famed Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is just a short drive away, as is exciting whale watching, kayaking, sailing and more. Outdoor lovers delight in hiking through the majestic redwoods and other local flora at the nearby Wilder Ranch, Henry Cowell, and Nisene Marks State Parks. Go back in time on the historic Roaring Camp Railroads, sample some of California's finest wines at Santa Cruz wineries or get a glimpse of life under the sea at the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, less than an hour away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Seacliff Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Seacliff Hotel Aptos
- Best Western Seacliff Hotel
- Best Western Aptos
- Aptos Best Western