Best Western Seacliff Inn
Rio Sands Hotel(Aptos)(Great Value!)
$115
$105
$272
Capitola Hotel(Capitola)(Great Value!)
$193
Travelocity
Capitola Venetian Hotel(Capitola)(Great Value!)
$179
$139
$115
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola(Capitola)(Great Value!)
$119
Travelocity
All reviewskoi pondsanta cruzsea cliffseacliff beachstate beachwestern hotelspool viewbest westernshot tubfree breakfast isnice poolon site restaurantgreat place to stayclean roomsvery nice hotelshort drivenice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Twice now, relatives from out of town have been unable to book one night stays here. They were told they would need to pay for 2 nights because they wanted to stay one weekend night. I realize that B&Bs do this, no problem, but for a Best Western? No. Let us book one night or we will take our money elsewhere. This is what they did. And, from now on, we will NOT suggest Seacliff Inn to anyone. If this were the BEST PLACE EVER or a real deal, sure, but it isn't. So we won't. We'll go down to the Rio Sands and see how their remodel turned out.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lifelearners
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and it worked well for me but I found the rooms were not that welcoming and needed modernising. Restaurant served good food and waiter were attentive and polite. Bice pool and gardens although I couldn't help feeling like I was staying in a old peoples residential conplex

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Sjsuperreds
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I am a local and we found we needed a room late on a Saturday night. I could literally hear the man next door yawning! We were also put by the parking lot on the 1st floor. Didn't think much of it until early morning when all cars now a days are needed to unlock or lock your car!
It also seemed a bit pricey, but last minute, didn't have much of a choice. I will not recommend this hotel to family who comes to visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cyndeewoo
seacliff7500, Manager at Best Western Seacliff Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to send your review of your stay at the Best Western Plus Seacliff Inn. It was concerning that your stay with us was not to your expectations.

In 2007, we continued upgrades to make our hotel a comfortable home away from home. Each of our 149 guest rooms now feature Serta Cheshire III plush pillow top mattresses, custom duvets, new paint, carpeting, furniture, refrigerators, and 80% of those rooms were fitted with additional sound board on the walls to make your stay more enjoyable. Our prices reflect the extra amenities we have to offer: complimentary hot breakfast, complimentary drink to our full service restaurant and bar, room service, laundry room, heated pool & Jacuzzi, fitness room and much more. Our rates are aggressively priced in comparison to surrounding hotels with similar amenities.

Part of our mission at the Seacliff Inn is striving everyday to improve our establishment. We plan in the near future to update all of the rooms with additional sound board. We appreciate your input and hope you will reconsider staying with us again.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

On a last minute, overnight President's Day trip to Santa Cruz we needed a hotel that offered a two-room suite to accomodate our family. Thankfully the Seacliff Inn had availablity. I grew up in Santa Cruz, and while I have never had the occasion to stay at the Seacliff Inn I had always heard good things about it---course, that was 20 years ago when it was new. Present day, after our experience there this past weekend I wish I had something good to report. While the Seacliff Inn still presents the image of a nice hotel, it just doesn't make the grade. Why?

- Old, outdated rooms (remodeled 2001 through 2007, huh, really?)
- Moisture, mold and condensation throughout both of our rooms (see photo)
- General lack of attention to detail/poor cleanliness standards (hair in the sink and bathtub - see photo)
- Bedroom TV cable did not work
- Very slow "Hi Speed Internet Access"
- Room service, while prompt, botched both of our orders ( wrong topping and no top bun for a hamburger for dinner and no butter with our pancakes for breakfast )
- As indicated in a earlier review, I can confirm that walls are thin and not insulated for sound
- Do not stay in a room near a door or stairway.Terribly noisy and distruptive conditions.

During walk-thoughs or inspections I would assume the owners and management would detect these kinds of issues but clearly they have not.

While the Seacliff Inn is just okay and I would stay there again if necessary, it would be way down on my list of choices in the Santa Cruz area if I were to spend $300 on a hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family