“Great food, beautiful view!”
Review of Palapas Restaurant

Palapas Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 73 Restaurants in Aptos
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Good servings, food tasty & ocean view was beautiful! Service excellent. Very attentive staff!

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We made sure we went to this restaurant twice while we stayed at a great local inn nearby.

The food was pleniful and delicious and the decor very pretty, located on top of a building with nice views and also outside patio.

We will certaily go back in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

Palapas restaurant is located in the small shopping village attached to the Seascape Resort in Aptos. If offers indoor and outdoor dining with distant views of the ocean, along with ample free parking in the shopping center lot. The menu is described as "tropical Mexican" with emphasis on fish and shellfish, all served in very generous proportions. Prices are moderately expensive but commensurate with the quality and quantity of food. We went there for a weeknight dinner while staying at Seascape. We greatly enjoyed the house specialty seafood platter for two, a tasty mixture of prawns, fish, and rock shrimp plus a ceviche salad, beans, rice, and homemade tortillas.

The staff, however, tended toward indifference. The young hostess never smiled or extended a word of welcome--just asked how many in our party, led us to a table, handed us a menu, and walked off. Our waiter was not much friendlier, but at least he was efficient and prompt. The one notable exception was a very personable busboy, who cheerfully hustled to keep everyone's water glasses and chip/salsa baskets filled and empty dishes cleared. They should promote this young man to host and let Ms. Sourpuss bus the tables!

1  Thank roadmaid
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My husband and I went there for a dinner while on a getaway weekend. It is a bright restaurant with a beat location and patio. I had the Asian ahi tacos (with flour tortillas), which were fantastic! The drinks were good, too, and the service was great. It is a little more expensive than an El Torito, Acapulco, etc., but well worth it!

Reviewed August 20, 2011

One of my favorite dining experiences in many months. The prices are not cheap, so I was a little nervous when we sat down on the patio, but the first bite of my steak burrito and my daughter's comments about her rice and other food set me at ease. The waiter was always right there to refill drinks and bring us more chips + the view overlooking Seascape resort and the ocean was great. One of the few times I tipped more than 20%, but this is the type of evening that warrants that kind of response.

Been to Palapas Restaurant? Share your experiences!