“Great food, excellent service, and a nice view of the ocean”
Review of Palapas Restaurant

Palapas Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 71 Restaurants in Aptos
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2011

One of my favorite dining experiences in many months. The prices are not cheap, so I was a little nervous when we sat down on the patio, but the first bite of my steak burrito and my daughter's comments about her rice and other food set me at ease. The waiter was always right there to refill drinks and bring us more chips + the view overlooking Seascape resort and the ocean was great. One of the few times I tipped more than 20%, but this is the type of evening that warrants that kind of response.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

If I could give zero stars, I would. We have been forgotten on the deck outside the bar numerous times. Our server should have been fired long ago, but they keep her on staff for some reason (I think she's the manager's girlfriend). We dined and dashed once to make a point (more like dined, waited, waited, waited, then finally left).

2  Thank BigRedSC
Reviewed June 16, 2011

My retirement luncheon/party was held at Palapas yesterday. Hanne helped me organize it about a month ago. She had lunch menus printed,omitting the prices of the dishes as I did not want my guests to order the least-priced meals in order to save ME money!
Jordan was our waiter. He did an amazing job taking our orders, refilling margarita pitchers, bringing umbrellas and ice (it was a warm day), and serving food. He somehow managed to keep smiling the entire THREE hours we were there!
The food was exceptionally delicious - with generous portions, as were the three choices of ice cream. Most of my friends ordered the Mexican Chocolate, a Palapas favorite.
I highly recommend Palapas for large or small dining. The staff was very accommodating and helped make my retirement luncheon a memorable one.

Reviewed September 5, 2010

I just had dinner with my girlfriends at Palapas and the waiter asked us to finish our meal so that he could turn over the table after 2 hours....how ridiculous is that. They never mentioned the two hour turnover when I made the reservation nor do they say anything to you when you are seated. But right as you are about 2/3 of the way through dinner they tell you to essentially stuff your dinner down your throat and LEAVE. When we asked to speak to the onsite Manager...the staff indicated that they don't have one....ridiculous again...especially for such a busy weekend. When we complained they had no way of dealing with the situation except by saying "You should LEAVE"...what terrible customer service. Palapas -- you just lost eight of your long time customers and their family members and friends. El Palomar -- here we come!

3  Thank SCGal73
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Palapas has amazing views, authentic coastal mexican cuisene, and has an awesome atmospher! A great restaurant for special occassions or an enjoyable night out!