“Great salad, tasty iced tea and great service!”
Review of Cafe Sparrow

Cafe Sparrow
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Sparrow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Aptos
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Hubby had a Mediterranean chicken salad. It was awesome. It had a wonderful vinaigrette,feta cheese,avocado,perfect cooked chicken, tomatoes which had been marinated in some tasty vinegar/oil combo(these were great), and Romaine lettuce. It was missing the olives the menu stated were on it but tasted fine without.Should have a bit more chicken though. I had a hamburger. It had no flavor. The bread was good. Came with choice of salad or red skinned potatoes. I chose red skinned potatoes. They were quite boring and not tasty at all. I will absolutely go back. I will have the salad.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

One of a few bistro/restaurants that we can honestly call "our favorite.'
We' ve enjoyed the hospitality and cuisine for several years, as a couple and with friends.
Deliciously curated menu which offers a taste treat to inquisitive personalities. Try anything and you'll be pleased. Recomendation: it would be the Bardot.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

I felt a need to add my own review here because one of the previous reviews painted a picture that this restaurant was not friendly to families with children. I have taken my child there many times and find the restaurant to be very kid-friendly contrary to the experience of the first reviewer.

The fact is that while many parents may enjoy child babble, other patrons may not. That the owner felt a need to speak to this gentleman about his daughter's noise is in my view very telling. Obviously a complaint was launched (likely by another patron) perhaps to their server because an owner would not for one hear the noise of this child from the kitchen and most would never feel a need to admonish paying customers unless other customers found their own enjoyment curtailed by the reviewer's child's babble. Of course, the reviewer doesn't care about anyone's own desire for a pleasant evening but his own party. After all his child is not crying or screaming merely babbling. Who wouldn't want to listen to his child's babble while they're having a nice romantic evening?

Noise is noise even if one deems the noise to be pleasant. I'd recommend this restaurant to all families with children old enough that the child would follow instructions if asked to turn the volume of their babble down.

1  Thank TifaLockheart
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Cafe Sparrow is one of the best restaurants I have ever been. I am solo traveler, and one who has had the opportunity to visit various countries and restaurants. There are a less than 10 meals I can recall perfectly. Cafe Sparrow has made its place as number 7.

The staff were welcoming and attentive without being overbearing. The chef transformed venison, apples, onions, red potatoes, beets, asparagus and a yam puree into a beautiful display only seconded by the delicious flavors of each. Each bite melted in your mouth and varied throughout the meal.

I rarely every finish the whole plate of anything. But I finished this, along with a petite desert of equal quality.

If you happen to be around the Aptos area, I recommend stopping by the Cafe Sparrow. And take the staffs' advice. They have wonderful questions to help you decide which of the various dishes you would best like, along with the perfect wine pairing.

Reviewed March 25, 2010

Small place, we went on a Monday night, you would probably need a reservation on a weekend. Great prie fix menu on monday night, soup/salad, main course and dessert all for $20, good value. Overall good experience.

Been to Cafe Sparrow? Share your experiences!