“Great even with the lights out”
Review of Cafe Sparrow

Cafe Sparrow
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Sparrow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Aptos
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food is great, the presentation beautiful, the service superb. We visited there in early December, and experienced a power outage during the middle of our meal. The staff rapidly lit candles on our table, finished up the meal service, and continued on despite the inconvenience. This is one of our favorite places for a "girly" lunch or romantic dinner.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Last week, two of my friends and I dined for lunch at this cute cafe. A huge assortment of salads and sandwiches - and the best iced tea in the world. Our waitress was delightful, and the food was tasty, well prepared, fresh, and inviting. Beware: the servings are large. All three of us ordered iced tea, and a Reuben sandwich with a small side salad. Each of us could have split the sandwich! We did, however, split one order of banana bread pudding which was simply fabulous!

The restaurant is tastefully appointed and comfortable - rustic yet elegant. A fun place for lunch - especially with good friends.

1  Thank hutchss
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I made reservations for two. Showed up early and walk ins were being sat before me. Then I got a crappy table and the server took 20minutes to ask if we wanted drinks. He didnt ask about appetizers or if we were ready to order which we were. I had to yell for an appetizer as he walked away. I could see the server stopping to stuff his mouth with food and never washed his hands.
My date finished two drinks before our food finally came, and guess what...NEVER GOT THE APPETIZER.
We decided not evem touch the food and leave. Wespoke to the manager who was incredibly rude and didnt believe my story and said she has never had a probablem with the server. She had me pay for the drinks and never apologized.
I will never go back or reccommend this place!

1  Thank sckfh831
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We wandered into Sparrow the other night, two couples and a mother-in-law. Their wine list was, as always, terrific. (I had a very good local IPA, apostate that i am) We sat in the back and the views, twilight and later, were lovely. And the restaurant was working with a special holiday menu (not a turkey in the bunch) for 10 days, with five or six main courses, and maybe a dozen each of starters and sides. I do not think they understood what they've accomplished but the starters and sides made up a terrific Tapas Menu. And that is what the five of us ate - probably 15 starters/sides, one main (a perfectly delicious John Dory perfectly cooked and served) plus their signature pots au creme which all five of us could not finish! And we tried!!
The starters/sides ranged from perfectly cooked fingerling potatoes in butter, to an Ahi Poke which would have done credit to a restaurant in Kauaii. There was a sushi-grade smoked salmon and just-this-side of raw brussels sprouts. It was a never-ending stream of great little dishes which we all shared. It is my hope that they (the Sparrow People) read this and say, "aha, why didn't we think of this?"
The very lovely lady who served us knew her way around the menu and provided coherent explanation in the face of reigning confusion, and certainly to her credit when she didn't know the answer, would hie off to the kitchen and find out. Another WOW from Jetlagged 123.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Nothing spared here! Excellent wines on the wall....incredible service, all the food was excellent, meticulusly crafted together, I was very impressed!! This is an expensive hole in the wall downtown Aptos, an obscure and sort of B&B looking place.....but definitely worth it. I'd go back in a nano second. Highly recommended!