“Lovely!”
Review of Cafe Sparrow

Cafe Sparrow
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Sparrow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Aptos
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Excellent service in pretty restaurant. Only complaint was I asked for my pork chop to be cooked as "medium" and it came up decidedly well done and a little dry. It was however, absolutely HUGE and I had to get my husband to eat half of it!

My husband was thrilled with his dinner of calves liver and bacon!

Starters were lovely and overall a very happy experience. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Didabrera

Reviewed September 15, 2011

this little gem always pleases us when we slip up to aptos to the Seascape for a quickie getaway. Easy parking across the street, cute little dining rooms, friendly service and excellent food..a very well run establishment.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We ate here on recommendation from the Sand Rock Farm Inn.

The meal was very nice. We both ordered from the specials menu, an appetizer and entree. We both decided to try the roasted red pepper bisque/soup and it was perfect. The risotto with Filet Tips was good but the risotto was undercooked with a lot of creamy liquid surrounding it-almost soupy. There was virtually no flavor to the risotto but the Filet Tips made up for that as they were nicely seasoned. There was supposed to be a myriad of fresh veges in the risotto however there was only cherry tomatoes and peppers, very fresh, but a little too much of the same and not what was listed on the menu. We had a bottle of red wine with dinner which was priced right and was very tasty.

A great end to the meal was the dessert. The offering of a chocolate mousse and a creme brulee in mini ramekins was just the perfect amount to satisfy a need for something sweet, but not too much in quantity.

Service was excellent and the chef also came out to greet us twice during our dinner

1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed June 27, 2011

OK, how come it's taken me so long to try this place! Oh yeah, thought hubby might be a little put off because it's "french" food. He ended up loving this place.

It's got that french country kitchen bistro type of feel. Very inviting. They have a prix fixe menu every night that is extremely reasonable for the quality of food you get: soup or salad/entree of the night plus starch and 3 veggies/dessert all for $19.95!

We decided to split a ceasar salad & steam clam appetizer. Had chicken livers and calamari steak for dinner. Hubby said best calamari steak he's ever had and the size was quite large. My chicken livers were a tad dry but still pink inside. My side was pilaf w/butternut squash puree, roasted beets and asparagus.

Had 2 glasses of malbec for $8each. We ordered a couple of the priciest items on the menu so with tax dinner ran about $80.

Would go back for the prix fixe menu and 1/2 off wine on Mondays. Good place for a romantic evening and parking is easy.

1  Thank Calgal79
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I've been to Cafe Sparrow 18 years ago and loved it. My husband and I returned and found the food and service to be great. The food is delicious. I love it when the chef comes around your table to chat with you. It gives a good homey feeling. The hostess is friendly, waitstaff very attentive.

I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank dsjohuang

Been to Cafe Sparrow? Share your experiences!