“Aptos Reader”

Bittersweet Bistro
Ranked #10 of 73 Restaurants in Aptos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Recognized by locals as one of the top restaurants in Aptos and Santa Cruz County, Bittersweet Bistro offers an American Bistro Cuisine style dinner menu with Mediterranean influences. Outstanding dessert menu and an award-winning wine list are served in a casual, relaxed atmosphere in the dining room, heated outdoor patio and new lounge.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Superb food. Seasonally changin menus. Warm ambience. Attentive service. A restaurant for all occcasions. Nightly specials. Half priced appetizers. Cannot be beat.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have been here on several occasions and never had a good meal. Years ago, they were very pricey and it was bad. They've got a much more reasonable menu now, but the food has been bad every time. I expect more from this place and never get it. The one exception is dessert. They have great desserts. Have been there just for dessert before. If I go back, that would be what I would have.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I organized a dinner of 14 out of town relatives the night before a family wedding at this restaurant. Being from out of state, I picked it for its location not far from our motel, online reviews and menu on its webpage. Its wide variety of menu options promised a good fit for our needs. From fish to steak to pasta to pizza to kids meals -- everyone from picky eaters to discriminating gourmets thought it a great choice! And I loved the small plate options which were plenty big for many of us and for their positive impact on the bill. A great idea, which more retaurants ought to consider. Service was great -- we felt neither rushed nor neglected. Can't think of any complaints. I highly recommend.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The food is unique and the ambiance is quietly pleasant. The ride up Highway North offers pleasant panaramic views

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This restaurant is a guaranteed great meal every time! The service is friendly and professional. Great for a meal out or a large party. I celebrated my 40th birthday with about 150 people that it housed comfortably. The venue, food, drinks and service was amazing! It was a perfect night and I didn't need to worry about a thing! All of my guests raved about how great the food, drinks and service were. Elizabeth (owner) executed the event exactly as I had requested. I highly recommend this restaurant for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and especially dessert! AMAZING desserts!

1  Thank Audre N