“They insulted my taste buds!!!!!”
Review of Rio Del Mar

Rio Del Mar
Ranked #45 of 71 Restaurants in Aptos
Cuisines: Mexican
Aptos, California
“They insulted my taste buds!!!!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

A chili relleno IS NOT a chili wrapped in a flour tortilla. This is what they served me. The beef enchilada tasted like sweaty socks smell.

Is there really any more that needs to be said about this place

• Visited November 2013

Roseville, CA
“Very Good and Accommodating”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a large party (6 adults and 7 children) and we arrived around 5:30 on a Friday night. We were able to be seated at 2 tables. The food was great! We had a chimi and tostada salad. There was so much food and it was very tasty. The kids enjoyed their meals as well. The staff was wonderful too! We will go back next year! Thank you!

• Visited July 2013
Monterey, California
“Also, Hit and Miss”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Some times the food is great, sometimes it seems like cafeteria food. I have had to send food back becuase it's over cooked. Case in point last time I was there the artichoke was spreadable it was so mushy, when I sent it back the server came back to tell me the cheff KNEW it wasn't good. Why would they serve it? I will stick to the bar for the special of the day going forward.

Visited May 2013
Palm Springs, California
“Fresh seafood in Aptos”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a popular spot and very inviting. Service was really good...presentation of dishes lovely....the kitchen staff was flexible...my friend asked if her dinner could be modified and they took care of it without missing a beat.

Visited April 2013
Aptos, California
“I love my local beach.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

There are fire pits at the beaches during spring through October. There are decently maintained bathrooms and outdoor showers to get the sand off. I like going to where the road ends before the gated community, but in the summer parking is very tight. Overall the boogie boarding is good and the water shallow for quite a ways out. Occasionally there can be a riptide for those less experienced, but its not as strong as Manresa beach a few miles away. I often spot dolphins, sea otters and an occasional whale from the shore. The beach near the esplanade is nice too but you sometimes have to cross the river/lagoon to get to the ocean. The pro is there are a few restaurants there and you are more likely to find parking, although you may have to walk a few blocks in the summer months. That beach has been known to have a high fecal coliform bacteria count, so don't let your kids play in the creek. There is a nice paved path out to the cement ship and a cute visitor center for kids. If you have a bike you can cruise around and enjoy the views.

Visited April 2013