“Great food and great service.”

Au Midi Restaurant & Bistrot
Reserve with OpenTable
Au Midi Restaurant & Bistrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Aptos
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Park Drive
Transit: The Santa Cruz/Watsonville MTA bus #71 and #91 Express drops patrons off within easy walking distance of Au Midi.
“Great food and great service.”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were welcomed by a warm and friendly hostess. Seated immediately. The courses were excellent, well-timed and just the correct portions so that we could have dessert and coffee. The owners and staff were friendly and kind to everyone at the restaurant, which made you feel good while eating good food. If I have to pay a lot of money for my meal I want the both the food and the service to be good. I received this here.

Visited April 2014
Thank R. A. R

Aptos, California
“Hidden French Gem”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This small french restaurant in Aptos is tucked in a corner in a small shopping center behind the UPS store. My wife and I have tried it five times and are impressed with the quality of food and the service too. The resaurant is intimate and romantic in a French country way. It is also great with friends. Everything is lovingly prepared and beautifully presented. Do not leave without trying one of the deserts which are artistically incredible and flavorful! We will be back soon.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Tom K
Aptos, California
“Always good!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have only been to this restaurant twice but the food is always wonderful, the chefs always come and say hello. It's very authentic. Good portions and very beautiful desserts.

• Visited February 2014
Rio del Mar, California
“French Connection”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We usually dine at Mexican, Chinese, Japanese or steak restaurants. Being Italian, I'm not really into eating at Italian places when I can usually cook it better myself. OK, I'll admit it, I've always been intimidated by French restaurants. We've only been to two other French restaurants in 30 years. They were both stuffy & the staff was snooooty. I figured it was time to try out a French place again. I bought a Groupon for Au Midi. SO GLAD I did. We were greeted by the owner, seated, water was brought, we waited a few minutes as the bread was just coming out of the oven-YUM! I would describe the ambiance as casual & inviting. We ordered some wine & had the Beet/Goat Cheese appetizer to share, all the reviews about it being good were so true. My husband ordered the Cassoulet & I ordered Mue's Mussels. My husband has had duck a few times, but never impressed until tonight. He raved about how tender & flavorful it was, he was a very happy camper. The mussels were tender & the sauce was flavorful, yet light & not overwhelming. Both were excellent. I had a hard time deciding on a dessert, I went with the Floating Island which we shared. The Floating Island is a light but extremely delicious treat that you must try. We will be back....

• Visited February 2014
Oakland, California
“That second "t" is appropriate!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Been there twice and it's all been good. Basic bistros food + some interesting creative numbers. Killer delish squash bisque with coffee bean dusting and desert "special".

• Visited January 2014