WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Aptos
Houston, Texas
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very nice place. Stayed here for 4 nights with my family for a vacation and will keep coming back. The beach is right behind you, feet away. The swimming pool, and spa were very nice and peaceful the landscaping was brilliant and beyond words! I recommend Seascape to anyone, who enjoys luxury! The bonfire pits located just feet away were a bonus, there is a Golf cart service that will take you to the beach for the fire. Smores galore! It's a wonderful place for a family vacation!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank letterstomomma50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Surrey, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was at Seascape for a conference, but got to enjoy the resort in the three days while I was there. Lovely setting - get an ocean view room or miss out on one of the best parts of the hotel. Place is vaguely dated and in need of some modernisation but not negatively so. Staff are helpful and attentive. There is a really good gym across the road in the nearby Seascape Village - really an excellent health club far superior to most hotel and resort gyms. Seascape is relaxing and very well situated, any negative would be really in that places date very quickly and some update could be beneficial but I rate Seascape very good.

Room Tip: pay the extra for ocean view room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Stephen H
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We recently spent several night at the Seascape Resort and loved our experience. The suites are beautifully decorated and our request for an ocean view balcony couln't have been more perfect. The unit was clean, the kitchen well stocked with everything we needed. We especially appreciated items we don't often find in these types of suites such as extra coffee filters, various teas and sweeteners, salt and pepper,and a full compliment of glassware, dishware and utensils. We would highly recommend a stay at this resort.

Room Tip: Ocean view was great, so I'd pay the few extra dollars to enjoy this beautiful site during sunse...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lois2448
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The location is wonderful, with magnificent views of Monterey Bay and the late August weather is a welcome relief from the Texas heat. Our one bedroom unit was clean and well equipped with a galley kitchen. The bedroom was small and the queen sized bed filled the room. The bathroom was tight but adequate for two people. The living area was relatively large and the décor fit a beachfront property. Don't go thinking that the rooms in this resort are on par with a Four Seasons Hotel or The Ritz, but the rooms that I visited were all quite functional. I also suggest that you request feather pillows when you check in because the foam versions in the rooms are not good.

The bonfires on the beach are a fun activity. There is good Mexican restaurant across the street from the resort, as well as a small grocery store and coffee shop that have a variety of hot breakfast items. We never ate at the resort itself.

There is plenty to see and do in this part of the central coast and we had a great time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Longhorn_7
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I recently got married in Aptos and stayed at Seascape Resort both the night before my wedding and my wedding night. The night before I stayed in a two bedroom villa with my seven bridesmaids. Upon first impression, we were thrilled with the size of the villa, and of the view. We were also pleased that the kitchen was stocked with utensils- plenty of cups and plates and anything else we may have needed. All in all, we really enjoyed the two bedroom villa. It was very spacious and we loved the location! It was very isolated and no one seemed to mind when we stayed up much later than we should have, giggling and drinking. The next day I ordered room service for both breakfast and lunch for my bridal party and myself. The food was substandard- very bland and extremely overpriced for the quality.

The following night, my wedding night, my husband and I stayed in a Spa suite, and we were not impressed. The in suite hot tub was the only thing that saved this hotel room. The decor was extremely outdated, and the room was small and had an awkward layout. The room was very long and thin, almost like a train car. It was cold and uninviting. Certainly not a place to spend one's wedding night. The bathroom was dim and gross. Nothing about the room read "Suite" to me. At half the price, I would still have been underwhelmed. The only late night dining option they have is a vending machine in the parking lot. Not very resort-ish, if you ask me.

All in all, my advice is to skip Seascape and stay Seacliff Inn for half the price and an equal amount of charm.

Room Tip: The two bedroom villa is lovely.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Beck2013
Roseville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My family and I have been going to Seascape Resort for the past 4 summers. We rent a 2 bedroom condo which is plenty of space for a family of four. We grocery shop the first day then cook all week. The kitchen is well stocked and the small grill works well. Things we love about the resort is the golf cart rides to and from the beach (great when you are taking a load of items with you), lots of open grass space for family soccer games, walking distance to Seascape village for a cup of coffee or take out pizza, smore's on the beach (they take car of set up, starting fire, and all your supplies), and access to the huge, clean beach for morning shell hunting or afternoon play. Check on line for discounts or ask when making reservations. And, be prepared for your room to be ready at check-in or a little after.

Tip: Bring items like tin foil, zip lock bags and any oil and spices you might need for cooking so you don't have to purchase everything. Also, I recommend bringing beach chairs and a blanket for the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for an end unit or on that walks out to the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Patricia F
So-So Cal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Beautiful natural surroundings like the broad beach and spectacular views of Monterrey Bay work very hard to make up for the shortcomings of the Seascape Resort. The phone reservation experience was like a "One Ringy Dingy" comedy bit. There was no effort whatsoever to get us in the room to freshen up for a late afternoon wedding: 4 p.m. check-in means 4 p.m. The design and decor is dated (betcha the architect sported a mullet), and everything's slightly undersized and cramped (except for - oddly enough -- the balcony). Well, the showerhead was nice......
You don't need to stay at the Seascape to walk on the beach or on the bluff and enjoy the view. Stay somewhere else, save the money, and come on over and enjoy the beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mvdljca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aptos
Rio Sands Hotel
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection
Capitola Hotel
Capitola Hotel
#1 of 4 in Capitola

Been to Seascape Resort? Share your experiences!