“Excellent customer service and location”
Review of Seascape Resort

Seascape Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Aptos
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights and had a wonderful time. The customer service is amazing and they were able to provide anything that was requested(sugar, toothbrush, more pots). We rented the villa with partial-ocean view and it was so beautiful. We were able to sleep with the slider open and fall asleep to the waves. The room was comfortable for 6 (4 adults & 2 teens). While we've stayed in hotels with more comfortable beds, we were still able to sleep restfully. We did do the bonfire one evening and it was worth the price. Everything was provided and ready to go so all we had to do was enjoy the evening. We did ours at 8:30pm which was perfect since it started out light then we got to enjoy the fire in the darkness. The entire stay we never felt like it was crowded even though the resort was full. Usually towards the end of vacation, we are ready to go home but none of us wanted to leave and could have used more time. I highly recommend this resort and our family will be back next year.

Room Tip: Ste.18 & 19 had great partial-ocean views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank m0m23rats
There are newer reviews for Seascape Resort

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We (family of 4 adults and 4 kids) stayed here for 1-2 nights and liked the place! Totally recommended. A wonderful location, peaceful beach, great food places in and around. A nice family get away! We had a suite with many rooms and kids could choose the best views :)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We rented two villas for the weekend to celebrate my mom's retirement. We all live within 30 minutes of the resort, but it felt like miles away. The weather was gorgeous and the location on the cliffside with the amazing views was breathtaking. The kids loved the pool and the easy access to the beach. The villas were clean and comfortable. We had a nice dinner party at Palapas across the street on Saturday night. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
SeascapeManagement, Manager at Seascape Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you chose to celebrate your Mom's retirement with us! On behalf of our staff, we would like to wish your Mom a Happy Retirement! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

For the price and the ads you would expect a "villa" to be at least semi-detached but all it is is a two bedroom suite. My 92 year old mother and I came to this resort expecting a fantastic get-away to the beach. The views were very nice although you couldn't see the waves crashing on the shore because the rooms sit back on a bluff. The furniture was tired and uncomfortable and the fireplace didn't work. The food was acceptable but my mother got the small dinner of salmon. It came in a bowl with vegetables cut up so small that you couldn't recognize what vegetables they were. She said it looked like food you'd find in a rest home. Overall too costly for what you get.

Room Tip: Don't expect a villa when you book one. Poor choice of words by the corporation.
4  Thank Joanne R

Thank you for your feedback. Please allow me to explain how we selected the word villa to describe our two bedroom accommodations. These accommodations range from 900 square feet to 1400 square feet and include a dining area, fully equipped kitchen, BBQ, and a washer and dryer. Our two bedroom villas offer more than the traditional two bedroom suites offered at most hotels. Since these accommodations are more like a vacation beach house, we chose to describe the accommodations as a villa. We appreciate your input and will certainly share your comments.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with great scenery. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. It is a long walk down to the beach, so bring comfy shoes. There are golf carts that will bring you up and down. Great views of sunsets. You are high on the cliff so expect winds. Temps were cooler then I would have thought when we were there in June...but still pretty. Room was spacious and well maintained. A bit spendy....but hey it's California. We had the hotel set up a bonfire for us on the beach at night, it was fun and picturesque....however you would think a bonfire for 20 at ($175) would include more then 3 pieces of wood. Extra wood was $10 for 5 logs. Considering the bonfire time was 2 hours long we needed 2 bags above the 3 logs. The hotel will sell it to you onsite at the fire. Other then that it was a great stay.

Room Tip: Go for the Ocean view....its worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
SeascapeManagement, Manager at Seascape Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful sunsets and our cart service to the beach. We will look into your comments regarding the firewood supplied for your beach fire. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went for Fathers Day Weekend. I was napping with my son in the evening when I woke to what sounded like an alarm clock. It was rather annoying and had been going off for almost an hour so I went outside to investigate and smelled smoke. I told my husband who did the real investigating and the room next door was alarming and smelled like smoke.
We called the front desk to notify them, and they sent a bell hop to investigate. When he opened the door smoke started pouring out of the room! I had my infant child next door to a smoke alarm for an hour!
I was horrified, someone left food on their burner. When I asked how come there was no central alarm or why they didnt know this was happening, they replied with -"well if it has been a fire we would have gotten an alarm".
I must really emphasize the amount of smoke coming out ... the room was FULL OF SMOKE AND IT CAME POURING OUT THE DOOR AND WINDOW! So much so that it filled our room up. I called to complain and their response was ,"just so you know, we sent someone to investigate". Only because I called to let you know!!!!!!

Again horrified.. my husband had to take over the call because I was emotional and getting 'rowdy'. They moved us to another room on the first floor. The resort is in a prime location which is the only reason they get business. The hotel is dated.... nothing is very upscale except for the cost.

We went to a bonfire with our family. It was expensive and nothing great. The sand was full of wood chips my feet were all cut up. When we got back to our room I couldnt turn off the gas fire place and just freaked out. I felt unsafe, I had my baby there and the fact that the building has to literally be on fire before someone is notified was too much. I called the front desk again and spoke to the manager. She gave me . Money back and we left 10 minutes later. We checked in at 4 and left at 8. I had to drive 2 1/2 hours home with an infant so that tells you how much I hated this place.

Its expensive and feels like a motel 6.

Will never return.

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank cassiecassie82

We are sorry that you were disappointed in your stay and felt unsafe. The safety of our guests is of primary concern and we have a number of different alarms in our guest rooms including a carbon monoxide detector, smoke detector, and a sprinkler system that is hooked up to a central alarm system. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, so that we may continue to improve.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I attended a 3 1/2 day training course here in mid June. After reading other reviews, I was a bit apprehensive about what I was getting myself into. It turned out to be a great place - wish I had more free time to spend enjoying the amenties. We stayed in a 1 bedroom with kitchen. The kitchen was well stocked, the rooms were clean and the view was incredible. The food was so great that I gained 5 pounds during my short stay! When I have to spend a bit of money, I expect great service, food and amenties - this place had it all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CMarvinGallo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aptos
Best Western Seacliff Inn
Capitola Hotel
Capitola Hotel
#1 of 4 in Capitola
Sanctuary Beach Resort

Been to Seascape Resort? Share your experiences!