“Tired-Out”
Review of The Bay View Hotel

The Bay View Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aptos
The Bay View Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Aptos
San Francisco
“Tired-Out”
Reviewed May 21, 2007

I booked this place based on the recommendations I saw on trip advisor and was sorely disappointed when I got to this hotel. Our room was dusty and run down. The bar downstairs stayed open until late and we could hear every little bit of the fun being had. We had a similar experience in the morning by being woken up by early risers.

Both the food and service were also disappointing! I am very suspect of who ever gave this place 5 stars.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank Rose411

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Francisco
Reviewed February 4, 2007

This place was great! The food is DELICIOUS, the service is wonderful, and the people there make you feel like you're at home. The room I got was nice and spacious, with an extremely comfortable bed. I would reccomend anyone to stay here, and I will definatley be eating and sleeping there soon again!

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank leogurly311
los angeles
Reviewed July 28, 2006

The first floor of the Bay View Hotel is a restaurant and bar that seems a throwback to old Western movies: cowboy hats and whiskey bottles, a piano always playing in the background, someone named "Frenchy" singing. It looked interesting, until I realized that I was going to spend the night there. Upstairs were 11 small rooms. Mine was filled with dusty furniture, a musty smell, and window shades that didn't quite go down. The hotel was built in 1878 and declared a state historical landmark in 1974. Quite possibly, it had not been cleaned since then.
Excess furniture--three cabinets, three mirrors--made the room seem even more cramped than it was. I could barely squeeze from the bedroom into the bathroom; maybe the 12-inch television was in the way.
Music from the bar died down around 11 p.m. After that, I could hear every footstep on the stairs, every flushed toilet in the house. Breakfast again reminded me of the Old West: greasy fried eggs and greasy fried potatoes.
"Frenchy" (Marlene Dietrich) would never have stayed at this dump, and you shouldn't either.

• Tips/Secrets — If you spend a night in Aptos, try the Seacliff Best Western or the Sand Rock Farm (superb B&B)
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank wheninroam
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2005

I found the accommodations to be comfortable and well done with tasteful decor. The beds are remarkable. (I was there two nights and had two different rooms because of a plumbing problem in my first room.)

The restaurant is excellent and the breakfast was tasty and promptly served. The coffee was fresh and flavorful, as one would expect that close to San Francisco. No Maxwell House poured there!

I found the staff to be delightful and helpful and Christina a most gracious host.

I was in Aptos on business but look forward to going back with my lady to spend a pleasureable weekend at the BayView.

I do wish there was a more reliable WiFi connection available but I was assured that the establishment of such a network is in the planning stages. For now, if you need a connection, ask for a room within the range of the WiFi signal of the coffee shop next door.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aptos
Rio Sands Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola
Capitola Hotel
Capitola Hotel
#1 of 4 in Capitola

Been to The Bay View Hotel? Share your experiences!