“Nice people, but Internet is not good.”
Review of Ramada Antioch

Ramada Antioch
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Antioch
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We had a very pleasant stay at this hotyel, but the internet was just intermittant for the 14 days we were there. Would look for another location the next time we spend time in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room where it is quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 19, 2011

The hotel is clean but too old, amazingly the beds are very comfortable and the towels are nice and fluffy and bigger than the other hotels. This hotel was built around 40 years ago, so it is screaming for a good face lift. The carpets needs to be changed, the AC units do not get cold enough (lucky for me that is not summer.), the water gets too hot or too cold while showering The staff is super helpful so are the manager. A BIG PLUS, they are pet friendly a minus it allows smoking. The Continental breakfast its ok. The location is great, it is close, walking distance, to restaurants and shopping areas. The hotel should start remodeling one room at the time with better windows, carpets, (with the amount of people that stays in the hotel, they should have hardwood floors or tile for cleaning purposes), and change the faucets. People that stayed in the hotel are too noisy, and they have no clue of how to behave in public places, but this is another story.

Room Tip: I like the highest floor, so i do not have people walking above me, but in a smoking allowing hotel...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

When I first arrived I wasn't too pleased with the looks of this place, but it was semi-decent.. I went in and checked into my room, and noticed the manager beth was bad talking other employees and the owners of the hotel. It didn't start off as a pleasant stay, obviously they have alot of issues... Later on, I went downstairs to get new clean towels(the ones in my room were filthy and stained) and a tall russian man named Shane was just standing at the desk yelling at the other employee.. These people come off as friendly because ofcourse they want their money, but they are not friendly to eachother. To be honest it was a little scary... Beth seemed cool at first but all she did was ramble on about how she wasn't happy with her employees.... for someone whos been working there so long that's not professional at all... Jeanette was working that night and she was very sweet.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Looking for inexpensive place close to relatives, fairly cheap but very dirty and paper thin walls.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank LJones
Reviewed February 7, 2011

i love this hotel because it was clean and it was comfortable . i had no problems at all. me and my boyfriend spend the whole night their and it was quiet and relaxing

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank star178
Reviewed October 18, 2010

My family and I traveled to Ca and decided to stay at this Ramada. Bad Choice!!! My family had to be moved 3 times during the 3 day stay there. The first night the toilet was clogged up and shower was not working properly. Moved to another room. The house-keeping people never gave us clean towels after they had cleaned up. We had to physically go down stairs to get our own towles to take a shower to then start getting ready for the wedding. The day of the wedding the lights go OUT completey. We were in the middle of getting dressed for the big day. The wedding was just a few hours away to start. Had to move once again. Management never spoke to us durning the whole weekend we stayed there. And we were informed he was there but the staff had no idea where he was. POOR EXCUSE and to add nobody answered the front desk at all. The rooms were nasty. The covers on the beds had stains and even the so called white towels had black and yellow stains. I would like to advise and alert the guests who are even considering to stay at this hotel to not to!!! Service was POOR!!!! And to top it off it is a SHAME for me to say that this hotel is part of the Ramada Family. I have never had this kind of hotel EXPERIENCE with any hotel stay. Somebody needs to take care of this hotel and FIRE the MANAGER. Ow ya and also they let homeless people come right in and talk to the guests at any time especially in the morning when breakfast is being served. BAD CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BiG MISTAKE. And we still were charged for the stay $240.00. Unbeliveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Manager never returned our call or ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!Almost forgot the Internet was good but the PRINTER never worked, that is what they said!! JUST TERRIBLE

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ositopan17
Reviewed May 20, 2008

Having booked several rooms for family members coming from across the US, we were excited to swim in the pool and relax in the jacuzzi. NEITHER were available a "mechanical problem" was the excuse. The pool had been drained for quite a while, leaving one foot of dirty water, and the jacuzzi was dry as well. So we retreated tour rooms. A noisy freeway was drowned out by the equally noisy air conditioner. Dirty furniture, no light bulbs in lamps and a roach trap on the carpet greeted me as I started to unpack, but also called other local hotel to check availability to move our 14 guests. All booked. The standing joke of the weekend was of how the Antioch Ramada was such a dump. My sister-in-law saw a roach in her room. My Aunt Emily tripped over the uneven sidewalk around the parking lot and possible broke her finger/hand. We spent as much time AWAY from the Ramada as possible. Three days later we checked out and the pool/jacuzzi was still closed......all this for Just $99 a nite! Never a Ramada again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hotel_Hotel1, Manager at Ramada Antioch, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2008

This guest was informed at check in that the pool was out of service. Guest was provided with the address of a local fitness facility in which a pool was available for guests use during this time. Regarding the compaints of the room, guest was offered a room move and was asked to allow management access to the room to verify complaints. Guest would not allow access to any of the rooms in question until check out 3 DAYS LATER! at which time no evidence of any of the complaints were found to be valid. Guest was wanting a discount and when refused was upset.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Antioch
Days Inn & Suites Antioch
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburg
Best Western Plus Delta Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Brentwood
Hampton Inn Brentwood
#1 of 3 in Brentwood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brentwood
Extended Stay America - Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Ave.

Been to Ramada Antioch? Share your experiences!