“Room was not cleaned and management refused to return deposit.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Antioch / Bay Area

Americas Best Value Inn - Antioch / Bay Area
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Antioch
Antioch, California
“Room was not cleaned and management refused to return deposit.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This motel was horrible. The room had not been cleaned by housecleaning and then they refused to give back my $50 deposit because I didn't have my receipt. They obviously have record in there computer and they also made me fill out a card with my personal information and vehicle information. Management was very rude and I intend to pursue this with a civil suit. All though it is only $50 it is the principal. So I would get a room somewhere else. There are plenty of decent hotels for the same price in the same area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Randy B

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Shady business practices. Charges cash deposit if no credit card but when I had a friend use their card I still had to pay one. Charges some people more for rooms and no deposit required of others even when paying cash. NO VISITORS ALLOWED. When a friend said he would stop by to check on my son and I the owner /manager flipped out and threw my son and me out saying as far as he was concerned my son and I could sleep on the street. There is a lack of human decency or kindness from this man and in my opinion he discriminates against those people who are experiencing a hard time economically.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank tellihopper

Travelers are raving about these Antioch hotels

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was in Antioch with my wife and infant to visit friends - this was an extension of my business trip.

This is a family-run motel and they are extremely pleasant, humble and polite. The establishment has a lot of parking which can accommodate trucks, RVs and boats as well.

We had intimated them that we had an infant however, they gave us a smoking room. I went back and the owner reluctantly gave a non-smoking room. The walkways had carpets which could be replaced 5 years ago. The room itself had very very super-basic amenities. The linen were clean. The bathroom was SUPER basic and there was a shampoo sachet + small soap bar. The TV worked. The AC did not work in our unit but we did not bother to go back again as we were tired and went off to sleep. No cooking/ heating facility. No vessels. The carpet in the room was super old. No wi-fi.

The "free breakfast" supposedly had a coffee machine which was dirty and had not been used in ages. The coffee sachets were old too and so was the sugar ... there nothing to eat except for one sugar laden pastry. We chose not to touch anything and left.

On the nearby Auto Center Dr you can find a few restaurant and shopping places. The gas station close by at W 10th Ave & Auto Center Dr malfunctioned on 3 people (including me) when I tried filling there. The owner was out and my card had been read by the pumping machine - I was stuck. Eventually, after a 30minute wait the owner came back and I had my transaction cancelled. I would never go there again.

This was our experience ... we paid $60 for one night. I do not know about the other rooms. Make sure to check/ inspect the room before you pay.

We had to go for this motel because all the hotels in the bay area were booked since there were several events during that weekend. This was the only place where we found a room after we went through 20 hotels physically and another 20 on phone. We were driving for hours. Given a choice, I would not stay there again.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank travel_dermie
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Very very basic amenities, however the front desk staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. It was clean and comfortable with enough parking for several RV's/boats. There is a Target and several eating establishments nearby. Stay here if you are just looking for overnight lodging on your way to the Bay area...it is very close to the Pittsburgh BART station.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Antioch
Days Inn & Suites Antioch
#1 of 3 in Brentwood
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 5 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Antioch / Bay Area? Share your experiences!