“Did not like the food”

Ranked #16 of 25 Restaurants in Angels Camp
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Family style Mexican restaurant.
Tucson, Arizona
“Did not like the food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2009

I had heartburn the whole day after eating here.
I am too am from AZ and i am used to GOOD mexican food.
This was such a let down.

Los Gatos, California
“Great after a day on the slopes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2009

I was chilled through and through after a long day on the slopes. All I wanted was something hot. I decided to try the Albondiga soup-a chicken broth base with carrots, celery, zucchini and yummy meatballs(rice was also in the meatballs). Lots of black pepper too! It was delicious and seasoned well.

This is the type of soup I'd make at home-perfect if you're cold, not feeling well or just want some comfort food.

1 Thank GetInTheCarKids
sonora, ca
“best Mexican Food in the Mother Lode”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

After living up here in the Mother Lode for 15 years...this has got to be the best Mexican Food restaurant I've been to in quite some time! The Sopes were great! The rice was not salty and the beans were just right! This reminded me of my grandmother's cooking and my mom's cooking! Even my husband who is a very picky eater loved it! Our friends have been going to this restaurant for the last 14 years and tell us that they are consistent which is hard to find nowadays! The service was also great!

3 Thank sonoradj
Castle Rock, Colorado
“La Hacienda in Angels Camp -= Disappointing Mexican food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2008

This is located in a strip mall near the Longs Drugs store in Angels Camp. After reading the prior glowing reviews, and then going to eat at La Hacienda...I found the food to be bland and below average for a Mexican restaurant. The faijitas were not sizling, the chile rellenos were soggy and didn't have any flavor. Everything was very mild and lacking spice. The lighting in the place was so bright I was afraid aircraft might be diverted there. They must have gotten a deal on fake glass victorian chandaliers at Home Depot as they 12 of them blazing away. Someone wrote this was the BEST place to eat in Angels Camp. WRONG. It was pretty mediocre and if you really like Mexican food...you will be disappointed. Coming from Arizona and having lived in Colorado for many years, I know what good Mexican food tastes like....and there must be a hundred places in both the Denver and Phoenix areas that serve better food that this place. Thumbs Down !

3 Thank LACASAZ
Northern California
“best place to eat in Angels Camp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2007

We ate dinner at La Hacienda mexican resturant in Angels Camp, it was very authenic and family oriented. The menu consists of mexican favorites as enchiladas, taco's, chimichanga's beef, chicken, pork, crab, friendly waitress, quick service, good portions and great salsa and warm fresh made chips. The only serve wine margarittas but they were blended well and flavorable, the waitress even gave our glasses a topping off of what was left in the blender, you don't get that at most places!
It's located on Main street in the Longs Drug store plaza, corner of highway 4 and 49, prices very reasonable. Clean and nice dcor. It was the best place we ate the entire 3 days we were visiting! 4 stars for sure!

3 Thank bassethoundUSA