Stayed in Angels Camp so we could play in the snow parks up Hwy 4. Was traveling with my wife and 3 year old son.
The place was clean and modern, sort of like a mini embassy. I booked the King Suite for $85/night which was a deal. The room was big, but not a suite in the sense of an Embassy or Homewood. Basically just a long wide room with a dividing half-wall in the middle. No kitchenette. The description and pictures sort of lead you to believe it was more. But it was adequate for us. Walls are a bit thin so hope that you don't have a noisy neighbor.
Service from front desk folks was a little cold. Luckily we didn't have any problems that would have required alot of interaction with them.
The king bed was kind of broken in the right side, bending toward the floor. They have a fold out couch.
NOTE: the breakfast, or breakfast bar, was nothing to get excited about. basically fridge food and weak coffee. I'd go down the street and find a diner.
Location is great, right off the 4/49 intersection. Next time I think we will stay in dorrington as the drive from angels camp to the snow was a bit longer than we thought (1hour, maybe more). Again the whole idea of getting a "suite" for $85 sort of lured us there because of having the room for the kid.
Ate at Rodz diner south of the hotel on 49/Main. Nothing special, but decent food and very kid friendly.
If you are concerned about just having a clean, modern and relatively cheap place to stay the night, Cedar Inn would be the best choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Angels Camp hotel is central to California's historic gold country, with easy access to the Bear Valley Ski Resort. Situated in the heart of Angels Camp, the full-service BEST WESTERN Cedar Inn & Suites is convenient to gold rush towns, museums, wineries, galleries, antique shops and Giant Sequoia forest. Nearby activities include golf, skiing, whitewater rafting, boating, fishing, horseback riding and hiking. Guests can choose a well-appointed balcony room with fireplace, or a two-room suite with in-room spa--each room featuring satellite television with free HBO®, high-speed Internet access and mini-refrigerator. The hotel offers complimentary continental breakfast, outdoor pool & spa, exercise facility and guest laundry room. Pets are welcome; must call hotel directly to book pet friendly rooms. The BEST WESTERN Cedar Inn & Suites is a short drive from the Moaning Caverns and Mercer Caverns, both offering guided tours and gold panning. Other nearby attractions include Angels Camp Museum, Columbia State Historic Park, Calaveras Big Trees State Park and the Bear Valley Ski Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, Best Western, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Cedar Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Cedar Hotel Angels Camp
- Best Western Angels Camp
- Best Western Cedar Hotel
- Angels Camp Best Western