“non corporate Chipotle”
Review of Sidewinders - CLOSED

Sidewinders
Reviewed April 17, 2014

this is a build your own burrito/taco/tortas restaurant. Food was OK, Their BBQ beef was over sweet without smoke flavor. carne asada was good though. not worth a special trip though

1  Thank Dsmittys
There are newer reviews for Sidewinders

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I had a bacon salad with dates, mixed greens in a maple vinaigrette, and my husband had a shredded beef burrito. Everything was fresh and flavorful and reasonably priced. We stopped here on the way from Yosemite to Tahoe. Such a cute old mining town...well preserved.

1  Thank cherbarr10
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I own and operate a 5-star luxury bed and breakfast in Sonora and pay a lot of attention to detail in our business. We usually dine in Murphys when we get a free second, but this time we were passing through Angels Camp and decided to try Sidewinders. We are so thrilled that we did! We sampled many items and EVERYTHING was seasoned brilliantly. The barbacoa was amazing...chicken lime tacos were fabulous! The beer battered French fries hit the spot and the handmade tortillas used with the tacos were superb. Even the salsa was terrific. Thank you for all your hard work, Sidewinders! Your efforts have really paid off! We can't wait for our next visit :)

4  Thank knowleshill
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The owners must have listened to the complaints and have returned to their delicious salads. Great place to have a fresh salad/taco. Only recommendation would be to have more wine selections.....not everyone likes to have a beer.

1  Thank lovemaui32724
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The place is located in a historic building which lends charm to eating here. It is somewhat like Chipotle's where you order at the counter and the food is Mexican style. My husband and I both ordered their burritos but with different meat filling. They were quite large...I couldn't eat all of mine. We also ordered Beer Battered Fries that were very tasty. I also liked that their beer selection was not your every day choices. There is both upstairs and downstairs seating.