“Nice downtown location, average food”
Review of Sidewinders - CLOSED

Sidewinders
The Villages, Florida
“Nice downtown location, average food”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

During the off season, there are very few restaurants open, let alone on Sunday. Very nice decor although they could use to put in at least 2 more tables. You walk in, stand in line to order, find a seat & the waitress brings the food to you. There isn't a waitress per se that will wait on your table though. Need more water, get up & get it. No problems here. I ordered the pork burrito with lime rice & pinto beans. It was huge. I added salsa with each bite & enjoyed my meal. The beer battered fries were greasy & we only ate a few. Im sure if they weren't greasy, they would have been great. My wife ordered the bbq beef tacos. She was disappointed. The beef was cold & the avacados were not ripe. The only person we met was the polite, quiet young woman who took our order & delivered our food. she was very nice.

Since this is the off season, I think our choices are limited. However, there are more restaurants in The area that get very good reviews too. Stay in touch, as I'll be posting about them too. Therefore, we are done with Sidewinders.

Tasha U, Public Relations Manager at Sidewinders, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Brad, we always strive to have fresh and delicious food and apologize that your wife was unhappy with her meal. We do prepare each and every ingredient fresh every single day and will take note that the avocados were not as ripe as you hoped. We do keep them at an extra low temperature to ensure that they stay bright and fresh. It is nice to hear that you did enjoy your burrito, all of the meats are on a slow 24 hours cook rotation which gives it all the flavor and tenderness. We do hope that you will come back in sometime give another chance to meet or exceed your expectations.

“Fantastic food, small venue”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We ate lunch based on Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews. We drove past because it has a small storefront, but quickly found.

Counter ordering in the back, which wasn't immediately obvious, but figured it out quickly and navigated the menu. Perfect number of options to appease everyone. Wish they had posted the kid options, but we asked and were told of a couple that worked better for the little ones.

The staff at the counter was very friendly and willing to accommodate special requests. The place was busy for its size and the cashier also juggled food delivery, telephone calls, and table service efficiently and with a smile.

The food arrived quickly. We had a combination of tacos, tostadas, and burritos all were fantastic! We sampled the barbacoa beef and line chile chicken. They both had great flavor.

The only complaints are that there are a limited number of tables and the chips were not as good as they could be (I think they were overlooked, some were very hard). The salsa was fresh and fantastic, but the chips detracted from its flavor.

Gold Country
“Cool Vibe”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place has a great vibe and it is nice to have new options in Angels Camp. The food seems like it is american/mexican infused, not my Fav but my husband love it. :-) I enjoyed myself, but nothing on the menu would send me back.

Visited September 2012
Twain Harte
“work lunch”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

we decided to have a work lunch at Sidewinders. I had eaten here before and was expecting the same great food and services. I was not disappointed. they were able to provide all our lunch in a timely manner and all had a great time and made it back to work in our time frame.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank mtfish
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A gem in Angles Camp”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It's a little hole in the wall on the main drag in old Angles Camp serving a kind of mexican fusion. The lady who owns the antiques store next door recommended it to us. We had the salad with maple dressing and a couple tacos. Very unique flavors and seasonings. It's self service and they bring it out to you. Funky....in a good way and seemed to be a favorite of the locals.

Visited September 2012