“Grand Canyon Rafting”

O.A.R.S. California Rafting
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Angels Camp
More attraction details
Owner description: Recognized by National Geographic Adventure as “The Best River & Sea Outfitter on Earth” and Outside magazine’s runner up for “Best Outfitter,” O.A.R.S. is among the most trusted names in the travel industry. Since 1969 the company has set the standard in first-class rafting & sea kayaking adventures with unparalleled experiences in the most iconic national parks and wilderness areas in Western North America and abroad.O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with experienced, professional guides and top-notch equipment and today offers more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. Over the last four decades the California-based company has positively affected the lives of more than 500,000 travelers, due to their ability to meet the diverse needs of their broad spectrum of clientele—more than 60% of passengers return for additional trips or are referred by past guests each year.
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We just returned from a 6 day, 5 night trip from Lee's Ferry to Phantom Ranch with OARS. I'm finding it difficult to put into words how much this trip exceeded our expectations. The boatmen (Three were women) were amazing in their knowledge about the canyon, their cooking skills, their rafting skills and their humor. I was impressed about how health and safety conscious they were, and how professional yet fun they were. Running the rapids was a real adrenaline rush! My husband doesn't like camping and he even thoroughly enjoyed this trip, tent pitching and all.

2  Thank Cathy R

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I went rafting on the 5 day, 4 night Hells Canyon trip through Idaho and Oregon. The raft guides were exceptional in knowledge, friendly, fun and hard working. I highly recommend OARS for rafting trips and will do another trip with this company in the future. The rapids were fun and the food was great too. The homemade salsa the guides made fresh there for dinner was amazing. Thanks OARS for a trip of a lifetime!!!

1  Thank jmccoy2008
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We originally had a rafting trip planned on the Merced river, but since that time of the year the water was low, they planned another rafting trip, the Tuolumne river. This turned out to be a good deal since the Merced was a class 3 and the tuolumne river was a class 4.
Pro's: great lunch, great guide (Sean), good rafting
Con's: we would have appreciated some more action and adventure (:)): our guide was a bit too good.

1  Thank yora87
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I rafted 11 days through the Grand Canyon from Lees Ferry to Whitmore Wash with O.A.R.S. in early September, 2013. It was a trip that I had wanted to do for my entire lifetime - and it met my expectations! The Arizona monsoon season had lasted 4 weeks longer than usual, so we had rain for the first 4 days and the river ran a deep red-brown (as it probably did prior to the Glen Canyon dam - thus its name). But the payback was seeing waterfalls crashing over the top of the canyon walls, side canyon creek blowouts, and greenery not usually seen that time of year. There were 15 of us in 4 self-bailing rafts. Our four boatsmen were excellent on the river and very knowlwedgable about the canyon - its history and geology. Two equipment boats and three other staff rounded out the crew. Drybags, tents and bedding were supplied. Meals were wonderful - fresh eggs, greens, fruits, beef, chicken, lamb, and baked deserts (even a birthday cake!). It was wonderful.

2  Thank cj02139
Reviewed December 13, 2013

enough with the "stuff". sent them on an experience to remember., all safe and sound with stories to tell