“Grand Canyon Dories Fall 2013”

O.A.R.S. California Rafting
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Angels Camp
More attraction details
Owner description: Recognized by National Geographic Adventure as “The Best River & Sea Outfitter on Earth” and Outside magazine’s runner up for “Best Outfitter,” O.A.R.S. is among the most trusted names in the travel industry. Since 1969 the company has set the standard in first-class rafting & sea kayaking adventures with unparalleled experiences in the most iconic national parks and wilderness areas in Western North America and abroad.O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with experienced, professional guides and top-notch equipment and today offers more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. Over the last four decades the California-based company has positively affected the lives of more than 500,000 travelers, due to their ability to meet the diverse needs of their broad spectrum of clientele—more than 60% of passengers return for additional trips or are referred by past guests each year.
Bend, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grand Canyon Dories Fall 2013”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I had the good fortune of getting on a GC Dory trip due to a late cancellation. I walked from the South Rim and met the rest of the guests at Boat Beach. It was a beautiful day, the hike was fun as usual, can't get enough of that canyon, and the dories were there to meet us. The guides were great, interesting folks on the trip, and it was a pleasure to experience the canyon from the river perspective after many years of seeing it from the soles of my feet. Our first major rapid was Horn, and after the size of that was , I was a believer!! I had the opportunity to borrow a Kindle from our guide, Bruce, and read "The Emerald Mile" a story not only of a speed run through the canyon but much dory history which made the trip that much more special.

It gets a little cold in November but it is a great time to see the canyon if you are dressed warmly and have an adult beverage or two to keep warm with. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank jjjackson2013

Santa Monica, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Professionalism to the extreme”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

You will find every aspect of OARS trips handled with the utmost efficiency, friendliness, and professionalism. From your first contact with their agents to the boat guides you will feel safe and befriended. They are well experienced in providing top-class service whether the trips are handled directly by them or with one of their international agents. I have taken many trips with OARS and have always felt like part of the family. Their equipment is always top of the line. Their guides are very safety oriented. Their arrangements are always well planned. I am happy to recommend OARS for everyone.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank KMBrow4
San Francisco, California
“O.A.R.S - CA rafting day tours”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had a great experience on this rafting trip. The view was beautiful, I loved the tall trees being out in the wilderness was an experience of a life time for me. The staff was knowledgeable and made the trip great.
Ursula Becerril

Visited July 2013
White River Junction, Vermont
“OARS dory trip Lee's Ferry to Diamond Point”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

It is difficult to improve on superlatives others have already written. Everything about the trip (apart from the uncertainty imposed by Congress whether we would be able to go at all -- the rascals!) was excellent: communication, logistics, organization, personnel, ... Oh yes, there was the Canyon, too. I enjoyed the hikes as much as the rapids. But really, it is the people who make this so special. Congratulations, OARS!

Visited October 2013
uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“White Water Rafting or Disney?”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Whilst visiting the USA on our family holiday, with a limit of both time and budget, we as a family had to decide on a couple of days doing the Disney thing or a couple of days rafing on the South Fork American River. With trepidation we went for the Rafting with our eight year old! How right could we have got it? It was an awesome experience start to finish and little man enjoyed himself as much, if not more, than his parents: highly recommended

Visited August 2013