“Excellent Nights Stay”

Travelodge Angels Camp CA
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Angels Camp
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I had an excellent nights stay at Angels Inn Motel in Angels Camp. My room was on the backside of the building and very quiet. The owners let me know that the room I was staying in had been updated recently with a 40" flatscreen TV. I enjoyed my AM news fix while I got ready on the new set. They told me that they are upgrading all the rooms with new matresses, linens, and televisions this year, however, I found the amenities to be more than sufficient for needs. I have to commend the motel on the water pressure and availability of hot water. The morning shower was nothing short of invigorating! When I checked out early I was presented with a container of orange juice and offered a muffin. The owners were proud to show me the remodeling that is going on next to the office for a new continental breakfast room to include a make your own waffle station. My kids are going to love it next time we go to Yosemite. Thanks for a great nights stay, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sven770
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Angels Camp CA

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Check in was extremely busy when we arrived but the young lady on the desk was coping efficiently with visitors and calls. She was very polite and helpful and later (when it was quieter) recommended an eating establishment which we found to be excellent.

Was given a quiet room away from the road. Room was large and clean, bathroom was cleaner than I've experienced at more expensive hotels. Microwave and fridge useful, muffin & OJ breakfast a bonus. Only stayed 1 night as the bed was too hard for us but when checking out I was told they are purchasing memory foam beds. Overall, very good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank QuiksilverSuffolk
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Motel was very clean with a friendly staff. Just wish the family above us did not seem to be doing aerobics all night!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank gaelicgirlkg
Reviewed October 19, 2011

In my recent stay there, the new staff was very helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure that our stay was excellent. We had requested an early check-in time and our room was ready when we had gotten there. Frank and his wife made us feel like family. I would highly recommend Angels Inn Motel for anyone that is going to Sonora or the Caverns. I can wait to go back and stay. Keep up the good work, A very happy customer. We will be returning soon.

Room Tip: I would call the motel direct and talk with the staff rather than going thru the internet. You can...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Millie P
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Had a good stay here. The young lady at check in was very helpful and courteous. The room was pretty big and had everything you could need. Sheets and towels had a fresh scent and were newer. It's not a 5 star place, but it is well worth the money. Will stay here on my next business trip through Gold country! The gentleman at the desk during check out (manager?) gave me a discount card/frequent stay card which will come in handy. Thank you for meeting/exceeding my expectations.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Greg O
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We came with family to Angels Camp on our way to Yosemite. This motel is very quiant and clean. We really enjoyed the staff and management -- they gave great directions and suggestions for places to go/eat. Everyone was really polite, even with us checking in after midnight.
Our room was really big - and it was just your standard room with 2 beds. We were on a family trip and needed rooms that connected so it worked out perfectly!
Plenty of room. Very clean and neat. The room also had a microwave and a fridge which came in handy.
They have a good pool for a small motel. The kids really enjoyed it. The front desk provides big beach towels too.
In the morning muffins and OJ were delievered to our room by the manager. WOW!
The manager said they were in the process of making a breakfast room in their lobby which will also be great. We will definatley be back next time we go to Yosemite.
The price was fair and you get a lot for your dollar here. We were going to stay at the Best Western, but their staff was so rude we decided on the Angels Inn. We're so glad we did!
Thanks Angels Inn!! See you along the road!

Room Tip: We were in connecting rooms, they were great.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Julie K
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The manager was extremely unfriendly and we felt very uncomfortable & unwanted during our entire stay. Plus the plumbing did not work & the room was run down. Very, very unsatisfied with this hotel & will never go back!!!!

Room Tip: I will never stay here again!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
#1 of 1 in Mokelumne Hill
Gunn House Hotel
Gunn House Hotel
#2 of 8 in Sonora

Been to Travelodge Angels Camp CA? Share your experiences!