“Enjoyed our stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My mother, sister, brother I had to travel to Cottonwood for a funeral. Since we'd never stayed in the area before I checked the Internet for hotels close to Cottonwood. I decided to choose Best Western Plus in Anderson as it was close to where we needed to be and the reviews were very good. The room was nice, quiet with a mircowave and good size refrigerator which was hidden behind a cabinet. There is a Safeway within a few feet of the Best Western so we were able to buy some late night snacks. The free breakfast was enjoyable with fresh waffles too. Monique was a pleasant face who greeted us warmly at reception upon our arrival. I'd requested a room on the ground floor as I'd read there was no elevator and our mother who at 84 now has a little truoble with stairs. Our room (112) was as requested and we were able to park right in front of it our entire stay. I would again choose Best Western Plus Inn in Anderson if I ever have to stay near Cottonwood again in the future. Our experience there and the price were excellant!

My only suggestion would to have a male employee instead of a single female do the walk about the hotel late at night. Even though it is a nice area it leaves open the chance that the female employee could be accousted. My family and I happened to be standing outside our room when we saw this and thought it not a safe thing to do.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My father and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days. We were visiting family in the area. This hotel is very quiet, quaint and cozy. Also very clean. Convenient to the freeway and restaurants in the area. The free breakfast is also quite good. The best thing about this hotel, however, is the customer service from Monique. I had left some items in the hotel and ran into a few problems regarding shipping options back to my home in Las Vegas. It was actually quite frustrating. Monique was very hands on and was ready with solutions every time we encountered a problem with shipping issues. It took a while, but thanks to her, I retrieved my belongings safe and sound. She went above and beyond to return phone calls, and stay in constant contact to make sure I retrieved my belongings, and never made me feel like I was burdening her. She was also very friendly to my father and I while we stayed there. Thank you Monique!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Friendly, Attentive Staff. Breakfast Superb. As far as Leisure and activity, there are beautiful sites, lakes and mountaintop, and restaurants, but you have to create your own activities. If you really want to shop around you can drive over to Redding, CA which is 20 minutes away or take a 2 hour drive to Sacramento, or take a longer ride to San Francisco's Bay Area. Nevertheless, if the nature of your trip is Rest and Relaxation then you have come to the right place.

• Stayed April 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stop in Anderson annually on our way home from spring break. Farah has been there the last few years to check us in and recognized me. She is so nice and friendly. Monique in the morning was great. She is very helpful and cheery in the morning. Also I forgot my pillow in the room and she was happy to hold it for me until I was able to get back and pick it up.
Highlight of our evening meal is dinner at the Peacock...EXCELLENT Chinese food!!

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very impressed for the rates. Clean rooms that have been updated. Video cameras in parking lot felt very safe. Close to Safeway and food. Easy freeway access. Quiet. Continental breakfast was typical American style and crappy. But there's a Starbucks at Safeway.

Room Tip: Will stay here again.
Santa Rosa, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My kids and I had our family vacation this week, and visited many sights in the Shasta area. We loved our room! It was so nice, updated, and very clean (my most important criteria while staying in a hotel). The most enjoyable part of our stay at this hotel was that the kids could make their own waffles at the complementary breakfast bar, and the hospitable staff. Monique (the receptionist) went out of her way to help me plan the sights we were going to see. When I wasn't sure weather or not to go to Burney Falls or Lassen, she offered to call the parks for me and looked up the weather forecast. She took the time to also look up road closures, as it had been raining heavily that day. Monique added warmth to our stay with her hospitality and her smile :)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Oxford Suites Redding
Oxford Suites Redding
#2 of 36 in Redding
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,206 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Anderson Inn? Share your experiences!