Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Great Green Find”
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed here overnight on our way to Oregon and found it to be a wonderful find. Katie at the front desk was wonderful and even though we were situated next to the freeway we never heard the loud traffic sounds you would expect. The rooms are typical of a 4 star hotel and knowing that it's green, makes it even better! We didn't have a chance to test out the saline pool or the restaurant next door but will definitely stay here again and have suggested it to our friends who will be traveling down the I-5 corridor.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
California
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Hotel is nice, room is spacious and clean, and green features are commendable... but DEMAND a room away from the freeway. I've been here two nights and the noise of the CONSTANT traffic on I-5, plus the occasional train and plane noises have made it the worst stay I've experienced in any hotel. (The hotel was completely booked with 2 bus-loads of tourists so I could not change room.) So at 6AM, I'm packed and ready to check out to go home for a good night's sleep. Would not recommend this hotel based on my experience, but perhaps another, quieter room would change my recommendation.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Tez1009
san jose ca
Reviewed October 16, 2009

we went to the redding, ca area to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. we stayed at the gaia resort and hotel during our stay in the area. we booked it based on the reviews we read. truth be told, it was what we expected and more. considering it was next to the highway, the area was quiet. plenty of amenities like pool, spa, restaurant. the restaurant is excellent, service was good and menu prices were reasonable. we ate their multiple time during our stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
san jose, ca
Reviewed October 16, 2009

we enjoyed our stay in this hotel. staff were very helpful and it quiet even though it is located right by the freeway. the restaurant on site serves quality food for a good price. we're definitely going to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Fremont, CA
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The hotel is not too lavish, but small and nice. I appreciate the effort to conserve energy by the hotel with different features (e.g. energy saving light bulbs, nature celing light in the bathroom). Each room even has 3 small garbage bins for recycling! My kids love seeing the 4 beautiful swans (2 blacks and 2 white) in the pond every morning. The breakfast at the adjacent restaurant, Woodside Grill is pretty good, though I wish they included some hot breakfast items in addition to toast, bagel, cereals. We dined at the Woodside Grill for dinner 2 times during our 3 night stay there and the food was excellent.

The only bad comment I can say about this hotel is the water in the shower is not hot enough for me even though I turned it to the max. I complained it to the front desk but they haven't done anything. I think this is another mean to conserve energy.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
OH
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was a very plesant surprise after a long day of driving. We arrived late in the evening and were given a first floor room that overlooked the lake. After a restful and quiet nights' sleep, the next AM I walked around the grounds.......nicely landscaped with trees, shrubs and flowering plants, surrounding a free-form lake with fountains. In the lake swam 2 pair of swans, one white, one black. It was so beautiufl with the sunshine on the water and the swans slowing swimming around the lake. Price was very affordable and next door was wa wonderful artisan restaurant with delicious food. A great 2 day getaway!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Very comfortable: loved the organic sheets, spacious room, outdoor patio and garden with resident white and black swan pairs, and skylight in bathroom. The use of green features is highlighted and it is interesting to see how this is interpretted by the hotel.

The only slight negative was the fountains at night: they were too loud and dominant outside for my taste- would be more soothing and relaxing if they were turned down a bit. They may have been on to mask the small amount of freeway noise in the mid distance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
#13 of 36 in Redding
Comfort Suites Redding
Comfort Suites Redding
#11 of 36 in Redding

Been to Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Property: Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Address: 4125 Riverside Pl, Anderson, CA 96007-2774 (Formerly Gaia Shasta Hotel & Spa)
Location: United States > California > Anderson
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Anderson
Hotel Class:3 star — Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Gaia Hotel Anderson