Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
GreenLeadersGold level
Lafayette, California
“Great value”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at the Gaia at least a dozen times and have always found it to be clean, comfortable and quiet. Reasonably priced and the food at the restaurant is very good. I usually ask for a second floor room which provides a little more privacy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
KatyL749, Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I would like to thank you for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay. I was happy that you enjoyed your room and our onsite restaurant. We always strive to provide all of our guests’ clean and comfortable accommodations. I will pass your compliments on to the appropriate departments. It’s always nice to hear that their hard work does not go unnoticed. Thank you again for your continued business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Location is good right off I-5. Grounds could be very nice but need much TLC. Checkin was disappointing. Not friendly. Checkout was also not friendly. Not a thank you or anything. Just handed me a printed receipt and said nothing. Room was clean and large but not much lighting for reading. Shower was a trickle and no bar soap - only shower gel. Skimpy towels. Very limited bathroom counter This is a spa - but rooms were not spa quality at all. Room and grounds had no useable wi-fi signal. Lobby and rest/bar did have wi-fi. Great restaurant. Friendly staff. Good food and good service. Sorry to say this was not a positive overnight stay. Many other better options very close by in Redding, CA

Room Tip: Not familiar enough to help choose a good room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dickwiss
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent experience here. I was sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. I would like to apologize to you for you’re interaction with our Guest Services staff. I can assure you that this is not the standard that we have chosen to live up to and your comments will be addressed with the appropriate departments. We really appreciate receiving feedback on our hotel and appreciate the opportunity for improvement. We are currently in the process of doing a major upgrade to our wireless internet in our guest rooms. We are anticipating this project being completed June 1st. Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate and value your business. I hope to see you in the future once all of our upgrades are completed.
chico
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Was in redding for a baseball tournament t and was pretty excited to get back to the hotel to jump in the pool. Nope, pool closed! Wifi not available in rooms not cool either. Just waited in the lobby until 6:45 for coffee that was supposed to be served at 6:30. Nice location pretty area, concept of this hotel is nice but they. Red to be up front with the issues they are having. I have two kids and would not have stayed here had I known the pool was not working. (Actuall it works just fine but it needs renovation for ADA compliance). Beds were nice and the room was comfortable. Otherwise, kind of a let down. Just lots of little issues that added up to making this not the great experience I expected.

• Stayed April 2013
KatyL749, Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly appreciate and value your business. I apologize that our pool and hot tub are currently closed. We anticipate having this project completed June 1st. I would also like to apologize for our current lack of wireless internet in the guest rooms. We are currently in the process of a major upgrade to our guest room wireless internet. During this time we do have wireless internet in our lobby and restaurant. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and beds. We strive to provide our guests with clean comfortable accommodations. Thank you again for staying with us, and for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us. I hope to see you in the future once all our upgrades are completed.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 13, 2013

It’s my own fault for taking the short cut and making the reservation based on the star rating alone and not reading the reviews here and other sites (hotels,com). Being a business traveler having internet access is imperative. From time to time a hotel’s internet has some daily issues; That’s understandable. The Gaia hotel internet works only in their lobby and not in the ROOMS(Since DEC 2012).
Checking the posted reviews this is not an isolated issue but clearly a management decision not to provide WIFI service to the guest; since as per the posted reviews the in room internet has not been available since December of last year. Yet they still feature WIFI in their description.
The room was very spacious, clean and the bed comfortable.
Poor TV signal

Being Leed certified is admirable but translated to a dimly lit room and natural landscape (weeds and dirt). Not having Wi-Fi in 2013 is the same as not having hot water in a hotel room for the business traveler. No in room WIFI for almost 4 months! Seriously!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KatyL749, Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly appreciate and value your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent experience at our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room. We strive to give all of our guests’ clean and comfortable accommodations. I apologize for our current lack of wireless internet in the guest rooms. We are currently in the process of a major upgrade to our guest room wireless internet. During this time we do have wireless internet in our lobby and restaurant. We anticipate having this project completed sometime in May. Thank you again for staying with us, and I hope to see you in the future.
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed here four times and enjoyed it every time. Nice quiet and out of a busy area.
The bed was so comfy I would like to have it at my home. The food is good but a little pricey.
Did not use the WiFi.

Room Tip: We got the AARP rate.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KatyL749, Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly appreciate and value your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent experience at our hotel. We really appreciate your continued business and look forward to seeing you again!
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We booked this last minute on Hotwire on our way North. We found the property to be very clean and comfortable. The linens were nice, the bed was comfortable, the grounds were relaxing. We enjoyed watching the swans from our window.

We didn't eat at the restaurant or attempt to use WiFi, so I can't offer any advice there. We did make a mental note that there was no fridge or microwave. The place is designed to give a "Zen" Feel. I wouldn't really consider it a family hotel. We were quite happy. We were in building one and noticed no animal smells or anything of that nature.

We would stop in again.

Room Tip: Building 3 is furthest from the highway
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
California
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was really looking forward to staying here as they claim to be Eco friendly and the reviews were really good. But....... The room was dark and dank. It had a foul dirty order to it and after getting both the baby and preschooler asleep I turned the ac off to sleep for the night and then the urine smell consumed our room. Being alone with many belongings and two sleeping babes I decided to close the bathroom door in hopes it would tone it down and not call for a new room. This helped but still really gross. I did have wifi even though the front desk said it wasn't working and it was major disappointed that the pool was not open. Another thing, the hotel charged extra for my service dog. With by law is illegal and they had to refund this to me. Not going to stay here again. The best western a few exits south was way nicer for the same rate.

Room Tip: Stay away from pod B room 137. Yuck!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KatyJ79, Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Gaia Shasta Hotel, and thank you for taking the time to make comments on our Trip Advisor page. We strive to provide you with clean and comfortable accommodations, and I apologize that your room was not up to par. We will take additional measures to ensure that the odor in the room you stayed in is taken care of. I would like to also apologize for the confusion on charging you a pet fee, it is not our hotel policy to charge for service animals. We really appreciatte your feedback, and be given the chance to make corrections in areas that need improvement.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Hilton Garden Inn Redding
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
Oxford Suites Redding
Oxford Suites Redding
#2 of 36 in Redding
Hampton Inn & Suites Redding
Baymont Inn & Suites Anderson
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hilltop Inn

Been to Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!