Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Anderson
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We recently took off on a road trip for our 10th Anniversary with no hotel reservations and no plans of where we wanted to go. Our first night brought us to the Redding/Anderson area and a quick search on Trip Advisor led us to the Gaia. We paid $85/night which was a lot less than any of the other hotels in the area. Our room was at least twice the size of most any hotel We've ever stayed in. It was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. Even though our room was on the side near the freeway I was amazed that there was almost no noise penetrating our room. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at their restaurant which included live piano music. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful during both our check-in and check-out. In the morning the young man working the desk took the time to make recommendations for some of the places we wanted to visit (vinyards, coffee shops, etc.) and printed out maps for us to use.

We would definitely go back to the Gaia for another stay and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, comfortable yet affordable place to stay near Redding.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I really liked this place. I have stayed there a few times now and always look forward to it. This last time I had, in a rush, accidentally left one of my belongings in the bathroom in the room. I am 150% possitive I left it in the basket in the bathroom next to the sink. I called the same day to see if it had been found by the house keeping staff and magically they said no. NICE FIND LADIES?!?!?! NOT GOING BACK!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Shannon M
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We have stayed here several times on trips to the Bay Area. The rooms are clean, large and very comfortable. The grounds are lovely, but it would be nice if there were a walking path along the very nearby Sacramento River. Gaia's proximity to Redding and the beautiful Sundial Bridge over the river make this an attractive place to spend the night on the way to the Bay Area from Oregon. The service in the attached restaurant was very good, but the food was average and over-priced. Definitely a place to stop for a night in while traveling I-5.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Its hard to find good places to stay between Medford and Sonoma. This hotel, right off the freeway, is eco friendly, great beds, nice big rooms, park like setting with swans and a fountain to greet us in the morning. My husband and daughter and I felt like we were a nice hotel in a foreign country. Will stay here again. Great price. great find.

Room Tip: stayed upstairs and downstairs. Both had their advantages. (high cielings, walk in patio door)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

After reading all the TripAdvisor reviews I decided to book the Gaia Anderson Hotel. While I was not disappointed, there was something not quite right with the layout of the hotel. Gaia calls itself a green hotel and that all of the construction was done with green methods and technologies. For the price, I would have liked to have at least a continental breakfast included, yet the only on-site dining option was an expensive and crowded restaurant near the lobby, so the other best options were KFC and Burger King a few miles away. My room was in one of the hotel "pods," sort of a roundish layout with two floors, all of which have a balcony or patio and open to a central courtyard. The room was large and clearly wheelchair accessible, with a skylight in the bathroom but no shelf or cabinet on or in which to place toiletries while shaving. The room was really far from the lobby and felt isolated, but at least the bedding was plush, clean and comfortable and it was mostly quiet. On my next trip through Redding I picked another hotel that had a full breakfast included, security, free parking, and not a huge bump in price, plus it was in Redding proper and not in Anderson 12 miles south like Gaia.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2011

The location is very convenient to the freeway. Perhaps a bit too close as it is right beside the hotel. However, if you are just passing through for the night. This hotel will work out very nicely. The hotel is eco friendly and the rooms are very clean, comfortable size, and appear to be newly renovated/painted. The bed was comfortable and the TV had a music station options which was nice. The staff and check in process was average and the pool is rather small with a sparse amount of chairs. If you are heading North after your stay, make sure to visit the Three Watherfalls of McCloud River. You will not be disappointed

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed here both going and coming between Portland and Morro Bay, Calif. The restaurant was very good, rates were good and the pool was refreshing. I like the beautiful grounds--where can you go on I-5 to see swans?! Clean and comfortable with free wifi. We asked for ground floor and got it both times. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Oxford Suites Redding
Best Western Plus Hilltop Inn
Red Lion Hotel Redding
Red Lion Hotel Redding
#14 of 37 in Redding

Been to Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 4125 Riverside Pl, Anderson, CA 96007-2774 (Formerly Gaia Shasta Hotel & Spa)
Location: United States > California > Anderson
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Anderson
Price Range: $100 - $153 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Gaia Hotel Anderson