Baymont Inn & Suites Anderson
Motel 6 Anderson- Redding Airport(Anderson)(Great Value!)
$66
$65
$63
$81
$89
All reviewsindoor poolhot tubhash brownsclean placeadjoining roomsmake your own waffleshot breakfastenjoyable staydonutsgreat place to stayclean roomsfree breakfastmarvinlaundryfreewaycablecalifornia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2011

The place was clean and the king bed was comfy enough. The price was right for us. We loved the indoor pool area and swimming with family. The "workout room" is a complete joke and totally unusable. Don't think you'll be able to get any exercise as the machines are not only old but broken. You could hurt yourself just trying to sweat in there. But the room itself was good size and the place was just about what you'd expect from a 2/3 star joint off the freeway. I gave it 3 stars for the pool and quiet location despite being just a block off the freeway.

Room Tip: There's a small outlet mall next door.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The hotel was really dirty. Overflowing trash all around on the outside. The hallways smelt of skunk. The rooms were ok. The linens and drapes look fancy, but the hotel is falling apart. In one of the rooms, the AC did not work. Moved to another. The faucets have grime under them. A general lack of housekeeping. Maybe the owners need to hire more hands to keep this place going. Breakfast was okay- the waffle mix was wrong or the wafflemaker does not work. The pool is ok and the staff were trying to help- but this place needs a cleanup for sure.

Room Tip: Dont book online, the hotel sells directly for les
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank achaudha
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Traveled with my mother and 4 year old daughter. We stayed here April 21 on our way down to southern California. I did pick this hotel because of price but expected a little better maintenance and smoking room placement. Check in went fine other than the $1.20 fee for the room safe they charge you and won't tell you about even when you ask if they are other fees. You must tell them to take it off when you check in. But beware it does not show up on your check in sheet you sign, it is put together with the taxes, and then it is its own line item on the check out statement. The hallway smelled like smoke and we found out that our non-smoking room was across the hall from a smoking room. They were all intermixed through the building. The pool and hot tub were great, clean and warm and no one was in there. My daughter was very happy to have the pool to play in. The room was ok, not big but fine for this price range. There were some things in the room that didn't work. The sink faucet leaked on the counter, the toilet would not flush well, and the room door would not close on its own. Aside from all of this after our first night I was still somewhat satisfied for the price. The breakfast room is very small and the food was not so great, very few choices but it was included. We did tell the front desk about the problems in the room and they said they would let maintenance know. On our way back home we stayed here again on April 28th. We were given the same room as before. During check in I did have them remove the safe fee (there is no way to use the safe in the room since the keys are not there). When we got in the room not only was everything still broken but now the fan in the bathroom had quit working in the past week. I went to the front desk to inform them of the problems and they had no idea they had been any. Susan at the front desk just said thanks for the information. I am used to a hotel apologizing and trying to do something for you if a room has problems like this. They obviously don't care. If you just want a bed to sleep in and don't care about anything else than this place will work. Bottom line is they do not do maintenance and they don't care if your stay was not great or even good. I would pay a few more dollars and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Loved the location. Walking distance of a strip mall containing outlets. Ate at Mary's Pizza Shack which was charming albeit noisy. Huge Walmart just across the road.
Indoor pool and jacuzzi. First night slept fine. Second night had a party going on in the adjacent room. Had to switch rooms and the only room they said was available was an upgrade which usually costs 50.00 more. They charged me an extra 20.00 instead. Was disappointed because I didn't think that anyone would be coming in at midnight to get an upgraded room. The breakfast was okay, fairly starchy but for the two night's stay it did the trick. Would stay again, but make sure I didn't get a connecting room because it contributed to the noise problem on night #2.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Anderscum CA. I booked a week and a half in advance....TV remote didn't work, phone didn't work, few lights were not usable (bulbs out) room smelled of burning plastic...and NO Cab serivce in the whole town. (which was poor information because I was told IN FACT there was cab service available without extra charge) That was untrue at the time I checked in and it costs $20 for a cab to even come to the hotels in Anderson.
Heavy traffic from the first room first floor was like a marijuana pot farm on fire. Staff seemed not to mind. The pool and spa is a public bath, 30+ kids nad white trash!
As I reluctantly checked in. because I had a dinner function in Anderson to attend already paid for and such, so I stayed. It was the second time in 10 years. It was the last.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business