“Just LOVE this place!”

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
USA
“Just LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Truly amazing! I really wish Rufino's was much closer to my house so I could go all the time. I've been going there whenever I can for the past 7 or 8 years. It's a bit unassuming and in a very modest shopping center (it looks as if they've begun to make the surrounding area a bit nicer). It's the kind of family-style Italian restaurant that I love.

Much of the food here is homemade. They make many of the pastas fresh. The bread you get before the meal starts is quite fantastic as well. Often I start with one of their pizzas, and I really love them!! Chicken parm is one of my favorites anywhere- so thin and crispy and delicious!! Tonight I took a couple bites out of the eggplant parmigiana and it was also delicious! The sauces are excellent.

What's great about Rufino's is they give you a lot for a very modest price! Each meal includes soup or salad for pretty much between 10 and 13 bucks. Whatever you do, make sure you get the minestrone!! It's phenomenal!

Can't wait to go back sometime soon when I am in the OC!
By the way, if you are staying around Disneyland, this is a FANASTIC choice to have dinner or lunch- it's very close to the parks!!

• Visited October 2013

North Orange County CA
“We have made several trips for special occassions to eat at Rufino's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Love the bread they give you with the meal and have to be careful you don't fill up on just that. Minestrone soup is very good. Always get veal Marsala (this time meat wasn't fork tender, but still excellent). Hubby always tries something new, this time it was the Tortellini Caruso which he said he would order again, if there weren't so many other choices that he hasn't tried yet. The ice tea and coffee are very average, but they have a good selection of bottled beers and wine. Location is close to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm and they are open till 10pm, so makes a nice stop after going to an amusement park or Anaheim Convention Center. Even though the restaurant only seats under 80 people it is nicely kept and normally a mixture of families, couples and business people. The owners are very attentive and pleasant.
Love going here, just wish I could talk hubby into eating out more often.

• Visited May 2013
North Orange County CA
“Hole in the wall located in a Strip Mall - Real Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food is well prepared and if you have a special Italian Dish that isn't on the menu they will make it if they can. Our first visit (of many) was years ago when Veal Marsala (my favorite) wasn't on the menu and they made it anyway (it has now been added to the menu). Great minestrone soup, salad dressings are bottled tasting. Creme Brulee is yummy and so creamy. Tried a new beer for me "Shock Top" during our last visit, now I'm hooked. They give you homemade Italian bread (that is so good, you could make a meal of just the bread and soup). You won't go away hungry with the portions they serve (definite value for your money and tummy). We have tried the Lasagna, Eggplant and Manicotti as well, all are delicious. Family owned and operated.
The location is small, so occasionally you have to wait for a table, but they also do take-out. Located very close to Disneyland and stay open till 10pm.
A must try and hopefully like as we do, Italian Restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank B J
Ashland, Oregon
“I ordered take-out and they delivered excellent authentic Italian food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I felt very lucky that I picked their menu from the pile of menus handed to me by my hotel near Disneyland (peacock suites). The food is authentic Italian and delicious! Very reasonably priced also

Anaheim Ca
“A very pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2009

A great neighborhood restaurant, very nostalgic. The decor is quaint, serenading you with music during your meal. The food is very good, and the service is personable, served with a smile. This includes the cooks who are busy making delightful meals. An excellent value for your money, ample portions. They have a large menu, every item we've tried, we have enjoyed.