“very good persian food and plenty of quantity”
Review of Hatam Restaurant

Hatam Restaurant
Ranked #175 of 878 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Gastonia, North Carolina
“very good persian food and plenty of quantity”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The restaurant location isn't the best. It's a hole in the wall; but the food is great. I would give the food an 8 out of 10. I had the chicken koubideh and lamb shank. Both dishes are very good and each dish could easily feed two people. The koubideh was as big as my forearm, and they serve two of them.

• Visited October 2013

Santa Clarita, California
“Very good for a great price”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The lunch portions were decent. We ordered humus and the yogurt dish. Just two of us. We had chicken on a stick. It was very tasty, and with a little lemon, it got better. This is a very typical Armenian or Persian dish. If you looking for something light and delicious, this is a nice place. The location is right of the I-5.

• Visited October 2013
Cerritos, Ca
“Delicious Lamb”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Are you daring enough to try delicious lamb shank with basmati rice sprinkled with dill? Hatam is a family mediterranean restaurant where you can find family dishes that you have missed. I love the Lamb shank stew Baghali Polow, I like to sprinkle a little persian lime on it and enjoy with my basmati rice with fava beans. But I am also very partial to Barg Filet Mignon with sumac on the basmati rice and a side of roasted tomato. Are you hungry yet? If you like chicken, do try Fesenjan which is chicken in pomegranates. It has a beautiful rose coloured presentation from the pomegranate. But I did get ahead of myself since you always start with the thinly sliced pita bread with a sweet onion and butter which you can dip into Must O'Kheiar yogurt with cucumbers and a bite of dolma, stuffed grape leaves (taste like the ones you've had in Greece? Reminiscent huh?) Don'f forget the drinks, either Pitcher of Dough or Real pomegranate juice (if you think you are truly a pomegranate fan since this is pure). And then finish off with delicious desserts, I chose the pistachio ice cream with rose water. You just have to go and try it for yourself.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LizC2012
Irvine, California
“Great lamb kabob”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Great lamb kabob and rice. Good portions. Right off the 5 fwy behind the chevron station. Very good service. Tables only.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mark H
California
“The best of Persian food”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Whenever we visit Anaheim from San Diego, we always have made it a point to eat at Hattam's. The food is always good and authentic and in most cases, one meal is enough to feed two seniors. Their home made Doogh (yogart drink) is always better than bottled drinks served at other mid-east restaurants. Over the years that we have gone there, we have tried most of their meals and have always been satisfied. We have sent mid eastern friends there and they were pleasantly surprised and satisfied with the food. We have always been very well treated by the staff.

• Visited January 2013