All reviews beach blvd knotts berry waffles room was clean would stay here again pleasant stay english muffin great place to stay mini fridge continental breakfast cereal disneyland danish parks
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The Baymont Inn, at the right price, can represent real value. We stayed two nights while visiting Mickey, and found that the room was comfortable and surprisingly quiet, the facilities were more than acceptable and the breakfast was fine.

The room: Not overly large, but two queens allowed the four adults in our party to sleep in relative comfort. The beds were not what my wife and I would like -- perhaps a bit old -- but our backs are finicky. The room was clean, which is what's important, and it was hard to believe how few sounds could be heard.

Facilities are not new, but seem well kept. There's a pool which we did not sample because it was unseasonably cold. Their ads do not talk about it, but there is a hot tub, Wish we'd known, because we would have brought swim suits.

The breakfast has some hot food and a lot of the basics. A good effort for a relatively inexpensive hotel. They had a staff person on duty to keep things filled up, and she did a decent job of it.

If you have a GPS you can get from the hotel to Disney. In fact, even old-fashioned directions are not hard to follow.

Again, everything's relative, so my willingness to stay there again would depend on the price, but at the right price, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tomcat33333
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Our family of six was put into a room right across from the pool and near the ice machine (which guests used to fill their entire ice chests at 1 in the morning) as well as the outside entrance into the building. Being in this particular room meant that it was one of the noisiest hotels we have EVER stayed at! Many of the guests were so rude! They came in at all hours of the night (and early morning hours), and literally screamed to one another as they walked down the corridors! I would suggest to management, that they explain to late incoming guests that there are "Quiet hours." We did NOT sleep well the entire 6 days that we stayed. The beds were comfortable (especially the pillows), and the rooms were pretty clean. However, the carpets were gross and our socks were black from walking on them without shoes...ICK! We only had room service once during our stay. We were going to Disneyland and coming back to take naps in the middle of the day, so we TRIED requesting room service earlier in the day but it NEVER happened! The maids (when we saw them) were very nice though.
As for the breakfast: it consisted of a lot of bread items but also had oatmeal, juice, eggs, sausage/bacon, gravy & biscuits, and hot chocolate. The woman who ran this was super on top of keeping everything well stocked and was really nice! I don't think that we would stay here again because it didn't seem like the front desk receptionist REALLY listened to us when we asked for early room service. They would hardly acknowledge us when we walked through the lobby each day. They need to work on customer service skills and act upon guest requests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room FAR AWAY from any entrances or ice machines or the pool!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank spokanesid
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights while working a promo. I discovered a bedbug the 2nd night and had to switch rooms, even though I wanted to leave, because all the hotels were booked due to the Expo at the convention center. Luckily, they had a free room from a no-show. The next morning, I found bugs in my suitcase and was literally eaten alive. Granted, I could have brought a bug or two into that room from the other room, as they are hitchhikers, but the sheer amount of bites leaves me to believe they have a serious, wide-spread infestation. When I called to switch rooms the girl at the desk told me, "We don't have bugs here. We tell the maids to check thoroughly." Well, I saw the maids cleaning my first room when I was checking in. There was no cart, only a lady with ONE spray bottle leaving the room. I checked for bugs too, but they obviously hide really well. I still, a week later, have over 20 bites that are healing. I threw my suitcase away and washed everything immediately. I seem to have avoided bringing them home, but I am definitely traumatized. NEVER stay here!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Woman_12
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Very pleased with my recent stay. I was traveling alone and with the inside corridors and having to use my key to access from outside doors, I felt safe. Hotel was quiet and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Continental Breakfast also offered hot items such as eggs, buscuits/gravy and a meat item (bacon or sausage) in addition to the usual cereal, toast, juice. All hotel common areas and my room were clean and fresh. I would definately stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan C
Cindy E, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

The Baymont Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking time to comment about your stay with us. We enjoy hearing about our service and your comfort!

Warm Regards
Cindy Espinoza

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I made reservations for this hotel. Have not stayed there yet. Hear lots of positive things. Can't wait to find out. What I did find out was when I called the 800 number to make the reservations, I was transferred to a third party when the reservation process was done. This company, "Travel Advantage" or TLG, works through many different parties. I wasn't so sure what I had gotten myself into so I researched it online. Should've done that before anything else. It turns out the "TLG" OR "TRAVEL ADVANTAGE" company is a scam. They pull from your debit or credit card accounts, leaving you in debt with the bank or credit agency. Not sure why Wyndham would do business with shady "agencies" like those. I hope they get to the bottom of this soon before customers become cautious about contacting Wyndham for any services. Just an FYI. After finding this out, I'd rather call the hotel's direct number, this way there are no third party entities. Good Luck.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family