All reviewsbeach blvdknotts berrywafflesroom was cleanwould stay here againpleasant stayenglish muffingreat place to staymini fridgecontinental breakfastcerealdisneylanddanishparks
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Our family of six was put into a room right across from the pool and near the ice machine (which guests used to fill their entire ice chests at 1 in the morning) as well as the outside entrance into the building. Being in this particular room meant that it was one of the noisiest hotels we have EVER stayed at! Many of the guests were so rude! They came in at all hours of the night (and early morning hours), and literally screamed to one another as they walked down the corridors! I would suggest to management, that they explain to late incoming guests that there are "Quiet hours." We did NOT sleep well the entire 6 days that we stayed. The beds were comfortable (especially the pillows), and the rooms were pretty clean. However, the carpets were gross and our socks were black from walking on them without shoes...ICK! We only had room service once during our stay. We were going to Disneyland and coming back to take naps in the middle of the day, so we TRIED requesting room service earlier in the day but it NEVER happened! The maids (when we saw them) were very nice though.
As for the breakfast: it consisted of a lot of bread items but also had oatmeal, juice, eggs, sausage/bacon, gravy & biscuits, and hot chocolate. The woman who ran this was super on top of keeping everything well stocked and was really nice! I don't think that we would stay here again because it didn't seem like the front desk receptionist REALLY listened to us when we asked for early room service. They would hardly acknowledge us when we walked through the lobby each day. They need to work on customer service skills and act upon guest requests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room FAR AWAY from any entrances or ice machines or the pool!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank spokanesid
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights while working a promo. I discovered a bedbug the 2nd night and had to switch rooms, even though I wanted to leave, because all the hotels were booked due to the Expo at the convention center. Luckily, they had a free room from a no-show. The next morning, I found bugs in my suitcase and was literally eaten alive. Granted, I could have brought a bug or two into that room from the other room, as they are hitchhikers, but the sheer amount of bites leaves me to believe they have a serious, wide-spread infestation. When I called to switch rooms the girl at the desk told me, "We don't have bugs here. We tell the maids to check thoroughly." Well, I saw the maids cleaning my first room when I was checking in. There was no cart, only a lady with ONE spray bottle leaving the room. I checked for bugs too, but they obviously hide really well. I still, a week later, have over 20 bites that are healing. I threw my suitcase away and washed everything immediately. I seem to have avoided bringing them home, but I am definitely traumatized. NEVER stay here!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Woman_12
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Very pleased with my recent stay. I was traveling alone and with the inside corridors and having to use my key to access from outside doors, I felt safe. Hotel was quiet and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Continental Breakfast also offered hot items such as eggs, buscuits/gravy and a meat item (bacon or sausage) in addition to the usual cereal, toast, juice. All hotel common areas and my room were clean and fresh. I would definately stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan C
Cindy E, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

The Baymont Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking time to comment about your stay with us. We enjoy hearing about our service and your comfort!

Warm Regards
Cindy Espinoza

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I made reservations for this hotel. Have not stayed there yet. Hear lots of positive things. Can't wait to find out. What I did find out was when I called the 800 number to make the reservations, I was transferred to a third party when the reservation process was done. This company, "Travel Advantage" or TLG, works through many different parties. I wasn't so sure what I had gotten myself into so I researched it online. Should've done that before anything else. It turns out the "TLG" OR "TRAVEL ADVANTAGE" company is a scam. They pull from your debit or credit card accounts, leaving you in debt with the bank or credit agency. Not sure why Wyndham would do business with shady "agencies" like those. I hope they get to the bottom of this soon before customers become cautious about contacting Wyndham for any services. Just an FYI. After finding this out, I'd rather call the hotel's direct number, this way there are no third party entities. Good Luck.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in 2009 and 2010 when this was a holiday inn so i decided to stay again in 2011 I had booked my rooms a month in advance with Magnuson Hotel The Day before arriving to this hotel i called to confirm my reservation I Spoke to Cynthia and she confirmed my reservation and all was well. I arrived at the hotel and was not greated by the person working at the front desk she was to busy on the phone to even acknowledge us. When she finally helped us they had no record of our reservation Cynthia stated Magnuson Hotel never sent in my reservation and i had to call magnuson to sort it out. I felt it was there job to call and get this sorted. I went ahead and called and got a recording to go online for customer service. I was getting the run around Cynthia finally spoke to the General Manager Cindy and she offered me the room at the price of the original reservation. When Cynthia was checking us in she said they only had one room available and would have to upgrade someone else so i can get a second room instead of upgrading us for this inconvenience. After the six night stay i was charged for the original Magnuson reservation i disputed this with my bank and the hotel is claiming I never cancelled my reservation. its been a month and a half and im still having problems getting my money back. Don't stay here as long as the current staff is still employed!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank John R
BaymontAnaheim, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

Dear John,
We are very sorry for this mix-up! What happen was we had your reservation to arrive on the 11th checking out the 18th that’s why you were charged the no show fee on the 11th now with our old system it would not show your name after that, there for Cynthia was unable to see your name on the 18th the day you did arrive. Then we had our new system installed the day after you checked out and the old system we no longer have access to it. Please except our apologies for this confusion we are in the process to reverse the no show charges.
John, thank you for letting us know about this challenge because we would not have known about the mix-up unless you informed us about it. I used your other comments as an opportunity for training so again thank you.
Warm regards,