“Over Rated...”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2008

As far as Arabic food goes, the quality at Victory is mediocre. The service is horrible. We waited fifteen minutes for someone to just bring us a menu. Is it because we're Arab? When someone did come to serve us, on one occasion the server did not speak Arabic and another the server spoke Arabic but barely acknowledged us. Then we waited another twenty minutes after ordering (we ordered sandwiches) and we did not wait to find out how long it took for them to come. On top of everything else, for the quality of the food, the bad service, and the variety Victory is highly overpriced. The restaurant may be esthetically pleasing to look at but we shouldn't have to pay for the surroundings. A far better restaurant all around that serves authentic and excellent Arabic food would be Olive Tree Restaurant which is just down the street.

2  Thank onedunya

Reviewed April 29, 2008

I moved from Chicago 2 years ago and have been in awe at the vast variety of ethnic food options in Southern California. I have never been as impressed with a Middle Eastern restaurant as I have been with Victory. The place is immaculately clean, very beautifully decorated and the walls painted in murals of Lebanon. The food is by far the best Arab food I've eaten here and my husband and I love to try all the restaurants in that area! the desserts are amazzzing....my favorite is the chocolate raspberry roll with chocolate ganache topping. YUM. The buffet is always good, as are the plates. My husband's favorite is the gyro sandwich or gyro plate. My favorite is the mixed plate, the cheese pies and the buffet. They also have a huge middle eastern dessert display, formal cakes, a coffee bar, a juice bar and a gelato bar. The fresh juices are to die for, especially the fresh Mango juice. We've never had such fresh and naturally-sweet tasting mango juice, and we are Indian/Pakistani people! Oh the best part, its halal! You will love this place!!!!

2  Thank ChefUzma