“Disgusting, Prostitution street, dirty, stinky, you get what you pay for. Ick.”

Days Inn Anaheim Near the Park
Ranked #86 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Where do I begin? My husband solicited by a prostitute at 9 a.m in front of this place. This section of Beach Blvd has been busy with prostitution for years! Especially in the day time, we were told. Even 2 mounted police were patrolling the area (after hooker got picked up). Mgmt says they charge a high rate to hookers/johns to discourage their renting, but who knows? Either way, the room stunk and was dirty, 2 big gobs of hair in the bathroom found immediately upon arrival. Thin and small towels that had body hair stuck in the fibers. My son took a dip in the pool and the towel and his suit smelled of urine water. The office was cluttered and dirty. Staff was not the most personable. Asked for a piece of paper to write a note and got a torn piece that he reached into the recycle bin to get. As if he can't give me a fresh piece of paper? Really? For printed directions, was told we need to stay here 3 days. Give me a break! What kind of customer service is this? This place is old and run down, like they half remodeled it. Old light fixture in the bathroom, cheap Asian no name brand electronics. Did not sleep here well at all. Some good things to say, the pillows weren't flat, sheets seemed cleaned, mattress wasn't too bad, toiletries were nice, shower was hot and drain wasn't clogged. They have a computer in the office to use for internet. Didn't try the free breakfast. This was a 2 star on Hotwire for $50 a night. Well a negative 2 star is more like it and not worth $20 let alone 50. Icky! Steer clear of this old dump. I went in with the idea of how bad can it be, well it was worse than bad. Horrible. Got the heck out of there asap in the morning. Motel across the street is even worse, illegal activity takes place there often (according to mgmt).

Room Tip: Don't scimp on price, not worth it!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank PatG875

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Jose
Reviewed March 12, 2013

i booked this hotel through http://booking.com
SO PAY ATTENTION, when you book it, it will give choices, "free cancelation" which was $10 more than the "non cancelation" so i booked the room with free cancelation before 3 days. i cancelled it a month before my trip and they told me its non cancelation. start off this people don't know what they are putting in third parties booking. So okay we ended up staying at this crappy hotel. so just book the cheaper price because obviously is "NON CANCELATION ONLY" save the $10 and grab your self some junk food.
i planned a mini vacation road trip. 3 days 2 nights.
so we arrived in Anaheim, check in. They decided to give me the UGLY IST room they had. the picture with the red comforters, i don't even think it exist. so when we went to the room, the bathroom door wont close. i'm to tired to be complaining about a door after 6 hrs driving. when you go inside the rooms, it has this funky smell like old yucky smell. i just sprayed my perfume after i unpacked. so i went to the hot tub and i didn't know how to turn it on so i went to the front desk and he turn on the bubbles for me. i asked him, do you guys have some remodeled rooms? he said no, i said your rooms doesn't look like the pictures i book on http://booking.com he didn't reply back to me. i mean someone is lying and putting fake advertise. there was hair on my comforter ! yuck
it was quiet at night time, the rooms had con joining rooms, the people next door was trying to open it around 1:30 ish in the morning. i had to give front desk a call. it was freaky. it stopped. so breakfast is probably the best thing that they offer. waffles. fruits cereal. i wouldnt walk around at night time around this neighbor hood. girls on the streets, asking for rides. if you decide to stay here, stay inside !
overall its disappointing for me. they could have gave me a better room. hot tub and breakfast are the only things that i enjoy from staying here. ask for a better room when your planning to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

3 Thank Macqueli26

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 22, 2013

About 10-15 minutes BEFORE 6 a.m. a very loud diesel vehicle pulled into the lot and seemed
to take an inordinate amount of time getting parked and shut down. I pulled one of the extra
pillows over my head and tried to go back to sleep. After about 15 minutes of having the window
in our room actually vibrate from the noise of the diesel I got up because I also heard numerous
loud voices. I was getting concerned so I looked out of our window and about 40-50 feet away
was a large white scenic-cruiser type BUS! Aside the bus were at least 6 or 7 Asian men
talking loudly and certainly animatedly to be heard over the bus noise. To say I was upset is an
understatement! I called the front desk and tried to talk with the man that answered, "Jonathan".
I asked when the heck the bus was going to be shut down and he said rather cavalierly that "they
will be leaving shortly" - When I asked how long that would be he said, "a few minutes" and
simply hung up! At 6:30 the bus was still running, our window was still rattling and now even
more people were standing around smoking and talking and laughing. I again called the front desk,
this time none too politely told Jonathan to 'Move the damn bus or shut it down!' He hung up on me!

At this point I got my clothes on, went down to the car and retrieved my camera. I went to the front
desk and Jonathan was 'busy' sitting at the desk. I told to shut down the damn bus and he never
even looked up. I pointedly asked him if he intended to do anything and he responded "Not really".
I asked for the manager's name and he pointed to a business card holder. I told him I wanted the]
regional number and he said that I could find that on the internet! BTW, The internet terminal in the
office was being used by the night employee! I was livid! I told him 'Don't you care about your
guests' and he said "The boss brings in these groups and they can do whatever they want here!!"
The employee at the internet terminal "Shaun" stood up and told Jonathan "Ignore him, he's
obviously PISSED OFF" Jonathan laughed and turned his back on me. I said PLEASE tell the driver
to move or shut off the bus and Jonathan said "I have no idea who the driver is" - I pointed to the
man sitting in the driver's seat and again Jonathan chuckled and said "Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I walked out to the bus and began taking pictures. The driver jumped out and in perfect English
asked "WHY" I told him I was documenting my complaint and he said "they tell me to park here
and all they had to do was ask and I'd move or shut down!" He promptly moved the bus into the
porte cochere and shut it down! That's it - THESE Ramada people do NOT GIVE A DAMN!
And apparently the GM Ping Li cares even less about his location and the Ramada reputation!

1) Black Mold around the faucet and tub
2) Paint peeled off the bathroom door
3) The ceiling fan (high volume) that is unbearably LOUD and less than attached to the ceiling
4) The broken/missing doorstop that causes the door to resoundingly hit the bathtub
5) The mirrored finish peeled away from the majority of the top of the mirror
6) The completely missing tissue dispenser leaving a jagged stone hole in the counter-face that snagged my daughter's tights
7) The tatty tissue box with but 6 tissues available for use
8) The hole in the outside wall with at least one cockroach making its residence

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dan S
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed there for three nights. It is an older Ramada, but my room was clean and neat. The only problem in my room was a little bit of careless work -- tiles didn't match and caulking was careless. I had a very good time and enjoyed the room far more than the reviews I read would have indicated. This is on a row of motels; could an owner of one of the other motels be reviewing this one? There was no match between the reviews I read and my experience. Did I chance on the only good room? I think not.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Ramada is a great price if you are staying near Disneyland, but it is in bad condition. The rooms are old, not the excepted level of cleanliness, and a bit sketchy. There is a Disney shuttle route that stops right in front of the hotel, but there is not much else for this hotel to offer. If you are looking for a place to sleep and you are not grossed out by hotel germs, then consider this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights. This hotel may be an economic option for enjoying Disney. The room was relatively well-off for our family with three kids. A microwave and fridge were a help to have a light meal. When checked in, we have a trouble about booking, and I tried several times to ask clerks in this hotel to fix it, however, they finally couldn't. About it, they said, "we are not the manager, so we don't have any authority to do that..." Umm. Fortunately I met the manager and asked him to fix it just when we checked-out... Is it a common in the US hotels? Anyway, without this trouble, it was a reasonably stay in our small budget.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family