“Hotel is decent, if you ignore the area”

Days Inn Anaheim Near the Park
Ranked #85 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was surprised with this property. For what I paid I expected the bottom of the heap. The managers are clearly trying to make it stand apart from what you typically get in this price point. Our room had two queens and a sleeper sofa which was perfect for me and 4 teenagers. Overall, the room was reasonably clean and you can tell it had been recently upgraded. The TV was a nice flat screen and the bathroom had tile that looked newer. The shower head was a massaging type that actually rotated as the water came out. There was plenty of space on the vanity by the sink for all of our toiletries. The free Wifi connection was decent, we were all able to connect on both computers and cell phones.

We did take advantage of the breakfast, but it is minimal continental with waffles. You get muffins, danish, fruit, toast, bagels, waffles, juice (Sunny D-grape-apple), milk, coffee. That's it. My big disappointment with the breakfast was powdered creamer. I just really think that any time you are advertising "free breakfast" liquid creamer should be a minimum, no matter how much your room costs.

The biggest downfall to this property is the location, which is unfortunately out of their control. I was surprised to see a prostitute right outside the window when we were eating breakfast at 7am. I did some searching online and discovered this property lies on a stretch of Beach Blvd called the "Mile of Madness" because it's known for prostitution and drug activity. There was also a homeless man going through the hotel dumpsters while we were there. Even during the day, it was sketchy... lots of loitering and people going nowhere in particular. We weren't there much so it wasn't a huge problem but it does make me question whether I would go back.

It's too bad about the area because the managers of this hotel are really trying hard to make it nice. The front desk people were always friendly whenever I was in the lobby. If you are on a bare-bones budget, this is probably a decent option. But if you can afford to spend a bit more and get in a nicer area, then you probably should.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rcktgirl05
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Anaheim Near the Park

Reviewed April 4, 2012

We just got back from a California Vacation booked through Southwest Vacations. This hotel was one of the cheaper hotels and I have to say next time we will be spending a little more money.

The hotel was cleaned everyday and I did not see any bugs coming out of the celiling :) The beds were very hard :( and they are a little noisy because the door does not shut all the way ( we had to put a chair in front of ours, so it didn't bounce:() The TV was a little fuzzy and pretty old. We didn't use the Microwave, but we did utilize the Fridge, which worked great. There was a blow dryer in the room, although I called and they said they did not have them in the rooms, so I brought my own, We did have an iron and a ironing board though.

The conitinental breakfast was not the best, but it held us over until we were out and about. The one complaint we had was the small breakfast area was not big enough for the church group that was there and other guests. I recommend that you check occupancy prior to going to the hotel :)

If you are going to Knotts Berry Farm, this is a great location, but if you are only doing the Disney Parks then I recommend you stay closer to Disneyland because it is about a 15 minute drive.

The hotel staff was so amazing and very helpful.

I hope this helps the families traveling to Cali :)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Spokaninites
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I reserved this hotel through a Southwest package deal. Someone mentioned that the rooms were clean and updated. My room was not updated. I had an old tube tv and I had to move the cable wire and use something to hold it in place to get a good picture. When I was leaving I happened to walk by some of the other rooms and was amazed to find that the beds were in better condition and had flat screen tv's. These must have been the rooms that were "updated". I'm wondering if booking as a package deal decides what type of room you receive - that would be sad but I'm sure it happens.

The hotel is old so you have to expect that the rooms won't be like the Ritz. I had two queen beds on the 3rd floor - room 321. I was happy to see they had an elevator! The beds were hard but it didn't bother me but did bother my sister a little. The rooms are clean (maybe too clean...when you first enter all you can smell is the cleaning product) but clean none the less. The only fault I could find was that I asked for an ironing board (the room had an iron but no board) and it was never delivered. I probably could have asked again but didn't. I was able to iron on the edge of the bed near the only outlet reachable in the room. Another plus was that the room was very quiet.

I don't believe I would stay here again but it is a good hotel if you have a small budget.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank luv2travel915
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Small, outdated rooms. Hard beds. 15 minute drive to Disneyland. Free Breakfast - waffles, cereal, danish, etc - nothing special, but it was free. For the low rate I really didn't expect anything more. So for the money it is a good deal, but I think I'll pay a little more next time and stay somewhere nicer and closer.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank happyfamUtah
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We are annual Disney passholders so it's safe to say I frequent hotels and have stayed in many in Anaheim. (we go monthly :). This hotel was amazing! Not sure where others have a negative experience, ours was nothing but pleasant! Rooms were clean and updated. Front desk manager was very accommodating. Ask for extra towels, response was "Absolutely! Not a problem & let me know if there's anything else you need!". Breakfast was great! Fruit, cereal, coffee juice AND waffles! I will admit housekeeping was far from nice or friendly, however, when we brought it to managments attention we were assured it would be taken care of. Why complain unless you're going to tell someone who can change it? We booked our 2 night stay through Travelocity and it was so great we've already reserved our rooms for next month!

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank JamesFam3
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I reserved two queen beds, when we arrived at the hotel it was around 4-5am the guy at the counter was nice and told us we got the last queen room so its the handicap room, which we were fine with, we got to the room and our keys didnt work so he gave us new keys and we were again fine till we went in the room to find two small beds one maybe a a small full sze and the other even smaller like a long twin which sucked because there were 4 of us, the sheets sucked and were itchy, all of us were tossing and tuning all night, then at 830 in the morning they started working on the kitchen next to our room using air compressers and drills and nail guns which we heard like it was in our own room, this hotel sucked I will NEVER stay there again! We cancelled our reservation for the next night and went somewhere else

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank SereneBean7
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Not close to Disneyland as we had hoped but about 15 minutes away in a questionable neighborhood. Cops were arresting a young "lady" in front of the hotel at about 11pm on a Tuesday. Not very clean...we found stains on the sheets and a clump of hair in one of the "Clean towels" AND...We were surprised in the morning by a 2 inch COCKROACH in the bathroom (no extra charge). We skipped the Continental breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family