“Good for a small budget” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Anaheim West

You added Ramada Anaheim West to your Saves list
Ramada Anaheim West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   800 S Beach Blvd, Beach Blvd & Ball Rd, Anaheim, CA 92804   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #83 of 116 Hotels in Anaheim
Concord, New Hampshire
“Good for a small budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I reserved this hotel through a Southwest package deal. Someone mentioned that the rooms were clean and updated. My room was not updated. I had an old tube tv and I had to move the cable wire and use something to hold it in place to get a good picture. When I was leaving I happened to walk by some of the other rooms and was amazed to find that the beds were in better condition and had flat screen tv's. These must have been the rooms that were "updated". I'm wondering if booking as a package deal decides what type of room you receive - that would be sad but I'm sure it happens.

The hotel is old so you have to expect that the rooms won't be like the Ritz. I had two queen beds on the 3rd floor - room 321. I was happy to see they had an elevator! The beds were hard but it didn't bother me but did bother my sister a little. The rooms are clean (maybe too clean...when you first enter all you can smell is the cleaning product) but clean none the less. The only fault I could find was that I asked for an ironing board (the room had an iron but no board) and it was never delivered. I probably could have asked again but didn't. I was able to iron on the edge of the bed near the only outlet reachable in the room. Another plus was that the room was very quiet.

I don't believe I would stay here again but it is a good hotel if you have a small budget.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank luv2travel915

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Small, outdated rooms. Hard beds. 15 minute drive to Disneyland. Free Breakfast - waffles, cereal, danish, etc - nothing special, but it was free. For the low rate I really didn't expect anything more. So for the money it is a good deal, but I think I'll pay a little more next time and stay somewhere nicer and closer.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank happyfamUtah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We are annual Disney passholders so it's safe to say I frequent hotels and have stayed in many in Anaheim. (we go monthly :). This hotel was amazing! Not sure where others have a negative experience, ours was nothing but pleasant! Rooms were clean and updated. Front desk manager was very accommodating. Ask for extra towels, response was "Absolutely! Not a problem & let me know if there's anything else you need!". Breakfast was great! Fruit, cereal, coffee juice AND waffles! I will admit housekeeping was far from nice or friendly, however, when we brought it to managments attention we were assured it would be taken care of. Why complain unless you're going to tell someone who can change it? We booked our 2 night stay through Travelocity and it was so great we've already reserved our rooms for next month!

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank JamesFam3
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I reserved two queen beds, when we arrived at the hotel it was around 4-5am the guy at the counter was nice and told us we got the last queen room so its the handicap room, which we were fine with, we got to the room and our keys didnt work so he gave us new keys and we were again fine till we went in the room to find two small beds one maybe a a small full sze and the other even smaller like a long twin which sucked because there were 4 of us, the sheets sucked and were itchy, all of us were tossing and tuning all night, then at 830 in the morning they started working on the kitchen next to our room using air compressers and drills and nail guns which we heard like it was in our own room, this hotel sucked I will NEVER stay there again! We cancelled our reservation for the next night and went somewhere else

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank SereneBean7

Travelers are raving about these Anaheim hotels

San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Not close to Disneyland as we had hoped but about 15 minutes away in a questionable neighborhood. Cops were arresting a young "lady" in front of the hotel at about 11pm on a Tuesday. Not very clean...we found stains on the sheets and a clump of hair in one of the "Clean towels" AND...We were surprised in the morning by a 2 inch COCKROACH in the bathroom (no extra charge). We skipped the Continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SDtraveler96
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The room was clean, but dated. The continential breakfast provided was decent and lobby area very nice and entertainment was optional as you watched the "ladies of the night", or day as the case may be, would walk along the street. The staff was nice, but luckily it was the last morning, small little ants were coming out of the ceiling in the bathroom. Although the price was very reasonable, the pool area maintained, I don't believe I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Widnes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

only downside was we were told the room slept 5 but there was only 2 double beds.so we had to pay extra for a fold down bed for our grandson.the location was in a dodgy area with street walkers and drug dealing going on in the same roadbut no complaints about our stay very clean and good buffet breakfasts 6.30 till 10am .pool and jaccuzzi clean but on view to all passersby but didnt bother us.we really enjoyed our stay here

Room Tip: check the true occupancy of your room before