TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium
Ranked #58 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Morgan Hill, California
“Great hotel”
Reviewed June 16, 2010

the location was great. nice area. many restaurants close by. .rooms were clean. excellent service. the staff was very friendly. pool was heated so that was a plus.
people complained about the train, I did not hear it once.
I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This place is right next to Angels Stadium, which makes it a great place to stay if you are attending games. There are plenty of places to eat and it is also close to both Disneyland and the Honda Center. The value for this hotel is hard to beat. You can generally find rates for under $100.00. The rooms are quite spacious and comes with a full kitchen, which is nice if you are doing extended stay. The hotel was nothing made for the business traveler however I think leisure travelers are all about it now. It was sold out for the night we were there which was a Saturday night.

Downside is that it is right next to the train tracks therefore do not sleep with your window open because the train horn is very very loud.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
San Clemente, CA
Reviewed April 28, 2010

10 minute walk to Angel stadium and The Grove (concert venue) with lots of food places along the way. Great location!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
temecula
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We stayed here for one night. We went to California Adventure all day and checked into our room. It was around 9pm or so very long day. We went to our room to drop off our suitcase. We noticed there were no towels in the bathroom. My husband took our back
with our camers and we went ot he office to get towels then we were going to eat. We got back around 10:30pm after showering and I went to my suitcase and my CHANEL prescription glasses and case were gone! So I am very upset and disappointed with this hotel. The hotel is looking into this situation. Just beware if you stay here. There was no safe in the room. But to be honest I was so tired I didn't even think about the security of my glasses being in my suitcase. More hotel info the location was fine not to far from Disneyland and there were lots of restaurants. The hotel allows animals, I didn't like this at all. The bed was very uncomfortable couldn't have been a Jamison mattress.
Both my husband and I slept terrible.The hotel was ok not the best or the worst. But we wouldn't stay here again even if my glasses weren't stolen. The rate we got was a good rate but what it cost me with the lose of my glasses it's very upsetting. So if you do stay here be very careful. This is spring break and lots of people coming and going to Disneyland with cameras and equipment . I would hate to have your trip blimished like ours was.. I am just so thankful my husband took our cameras with us to dinner.
I hope this helps someone to not be a victim like we were.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Helmantoler
WA
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Staying at the Townplace suites was convenient for us, since we wanted to walk to an event at Angels Stadium. It turned out to be very convenient for that purpose and we were thankful for that. There is a McDonalds and some other fast food within the block, which was helpful, too. We did drive around a little to Disney and other sights as a secondary reason for our trip and it was rather accessible from both the city and the Santa Ana airport. Our child slept on the sleeper sofa and we took the bedroom, which was fine -- we weren't in town to stay in the hotel and just used it for a base point for the trip. Our appliances and kitchen worked fine and were basic and sufficient. We did notice the train, but weren't bothered by excessive noise or anything like that. Quiet and convenient for the price.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Riverside
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I read a lot of reviews on here about the train which made me leery but the rate was too good to pass up. We got here late for our three night stay and the hotel was sold out so we got a room on the train side of the hotel. However the kids went absolutely crazy for the train my son is really into Thomas the train at four years old every time we were in the room and the train came by he would jump up and down and yell "look at Thomas dad" which made me whole stay three times better. He keeps asking time and time again, dad when are we going back to see Thomas. So we will be staying here for Thomas when we come to Anaheim other then that the staff was great, the rooms were very clean and not much bad to say about the hotel they did have a convention going on when we check into the hotel which made the street in front of the hotel busy. The location has a lot to do, the baseball stadium across the street, the grove which looks like a small concert hall and the Honda center where the ducks games are played. Can’t wait to take my family back!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed January 21, 2010

When in the area, I always stay at the TownePlace Suites in Anaheim. Rachel Lei and her staff of professionals are the best in the business. I spend at least a week a month on the road and wouldn't consider staying somewhere else. You are greeted warmly upon checkin and throughout your stay. My only complaint about this property is that others have discovered it, so I can't always get a room when I call to make a reservation.

I am very much a creature of habit, and some say have have the "Norm" (from Cheers) syndrome. I like to go where "everybody knows my name, and they are always glad I came". You will have this same feeling when you stay at the TownePlace Suites.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Budsbrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,037 reviews
The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
Candlewood Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate

Been to TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium? Share your experiences!