TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium
$118
$106
$152
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
$144
$808
$698
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspanda expressfull kitchencarl's jrfront deskangels gamesparking lothonda centerbedroom suitelarge fridgewalking distanceyogurtmain buildingan extended staypull out sofa bedacross the streetbreakfast areafree breakfast
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Very comfortable hotel with friendly staff. It is located right near the intersection of the 5 and 57 freeways. Very clean throughout. Marriott beds are the best. The only negative (small one) is the tiny, tiny fitness center: 1 bike, 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical crammed into a small room.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2009

This is our second stay at the Towne Place Suites. Clean and the staff was great. Free coffee in the morning, cookies in the afternoon, all enjoyed by my family over the 5 nights we were there. The staff was always ready to help. We stayed in a 2 bedroom which was nice, so when we put the boys to sleep we could hang out, watch tv, enjoy a few adult beverages and relax before the next day's assault on Disneyland.

Also, it was nice having the variety of eating options just a few minutes walk away. We never were bothered by the train and our boys enjoyed seeing go buy as we played in the pool.

Great value for the money, especially when you are going to Disneyland and everything there costs so much. Not far from park and easy freeway access.

We don't expect luxury when we stay there but we get a clean room and friendly staff and for the reasonable room rates, that's all we can ask for.

Book a room and you shouldn't be disappointed. If you are then you might have been expecting too much.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Zman1389
Reviewed July 24, 2009

I had a two bedroom kitchen unit on the second floor. It was as close as you can get to the train signal and the tracks. I tried to listen for the trains and maybe heard two trains but never from my bedroom. I never saw a train longer than 4-5 cars, so any noise was very brief. The people who complain must be that - complainers. Staff was wonderful. There is a large wall map in the lobby that helps you get your bearings. There is a Starbucks, Denny's, Panda Express, and Carl's Jr. in the parking lot and a McDonald's & Subway across the street. The Amtrak station is in the parking lot of the A's stadium across Katella and the Disneyland shuttle made a stop there, I imagine you could make this hotel your hub and visit many attractions by Amtrak or Metrolink. The same shuttle also makes a stop at the Anaheim Garden Walk which is an upscale shopping area/IMAX/bowling/great restaurants place. This is my second time staying there and I would do it again. It was much, much, much better than the stinky, crowded, filthy Embassy Suites where a relative stayed.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Kittyparade
Reviewed July 3, 2009

My wife and I along with our 2 teenage children stayed at TownPlace from June 3 to June 9, there is nothing wrong with this hotel. This hotel is OUTSTANDING. I travel a lot and am use to staying in 4 star hotels. I would rate this as a solid 3 to 4 stars. The staff made me feel so welcomed, we did not want to leave. In addition, I was told they had a guest stay there for 3 years as their primary residence. About this train, there is a train that runs behind the hotel, there is not a concern about the noise. We were in room 221 and had no train noise. We had a 2 bedroom suite, it was very comfortable for 4 people, 3 TV's, full kitchen, and a clean updated bathroom. The staff changes your towels every other day and will clean your room, I believe every 3 days which is normal for a "suite" and staying more than 5 days. The bedrooms are a very nice size. We have stayed countless times at Disney World Resorts and I rate this hotel in their class. And at 1/2 the price. $109.99/night. Pool is very nice.
The neighborhood is nice and clean, about a 1/2 mile from Angel's Stadium and about 2 to 3 miles to DisneyLand.There is a new Denny's next door(ask for Patricia), excellent, a Panda Express, and a LA Fitness. McDonald's is across the street. INN N' Out burger is about 2 miles away, you HAVE to go there. We got T-Shirts. Best ever.

Please stay here if going to Disney. You will save a lot.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank plion1
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I have stayed here once before, in 2006, and I loved it then too. They have great rooms for a great price. The distance from Disneyland is about a mile, but they do have a tram service. They have a Denny's restaurant right by them for breakfast. This hotel has full sized kitchens with a stove, oven, microwave, all cook wear included, coffee maker, everything you could possibly need. They even have a iron and full size ironing board. We got a two bedroom suite for us and for our family who came with us. They made sure we were close together and gave us extra towels. It was great fun. The room was big enough for all five kids and us. Three tvs and dvd players. Plenty of room for everyone to sleep.
There is one set back to the TownePlace Suites and that is that we were woken up by a fire alarm both times we stayed there. The first time it was someone who burnt some toast, and the second time it was someone burning some bacon. That is the price you pay for having a full size kitchen. The other people who can't cook also stay there and try to burn the place down. The first time we stayed we only had three kids and were able to pick them all up and get out without incident. The second time we had five kids and we were all dead tired from a day at Disneyland and no one would wake up and it was quite tramatic for me as a mother, because we were on the 4th floor and had to get five kids under 9years old down the stairs and out all while they were crying. My parents, who are in their 70's also stayed with us and had trouble getting out too. They both fell down the stairs and got hurt, but not real bad. But bad enough for us to complain, and they gave us a discount room rate.
Even without the discount it is still a great place to stay. We probably won't be staying there again because of the chance of getting a fire alarm is really good and we just can't take that chance again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family