“Disney birthday trip”

Ranked #61 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Chandler, Arizona
“Disney birthday trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. Rooms are decent. Recently renovated. My daughters and I stayed there in order to go to Disney. Even though it says Maingate it is about two miles from the park and is not really walkable. If you want that stay on Harbour. They offer free breakfast which is nice. But get there early. They only gave about 5 tables and it gets super crowded. They also have several restaurants closeby.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Leslie O
JohnDAnaheim, Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hello and thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Happy Belated Birthday!! I apologized that there may have been a miscommunication in regards to main gate as we are main gate to the angel stadium. However, I am happy to hear that you enjoy your time here in Anaheim! We look forward to assisting in the future during your next trip to the Anaheim area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Peoria, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stay at this hotel every year same time for an event at Angel Stadium the 1st weekend in Jan.

We never have issues but when it rains it pours with this group...We checked in and they lost our reservation because I had called on a re-rate. They changed the name on the reservation, they changed it from a one bed to a studio and raised the rate from $109 to $129?

We booked in Oct but 1st of Nov they put up a disclaimer that the hotel is under remodel...but the disclaimer was not on the webpage when we booked. Remodel is an understatement its a train wreck. There was 4 or 6 couches piled up in front of a cargo bin just sitting there with some other ragged furniture and lamps in part of the parking lot.

Our 1st room was nice but getting to the room was a mess, floorboards missing, walls messed up, the door wide open to the electronics closet which cant be seen by the front desk so anyone could walk in and create havoc. I am sure there is credit card info in those backup etc.

It was late about 10:30 and we rented a PPV and then we hear something in the kitchen area and its a rat that runs behind the stove and now is stuck and screaming. So we go down to the front desk and then send a guy up to try and catch the rat. He cant catch it so they tell us we need to move to the other building.

We do and its a bigger mess then the 1st building. There is black goop all over the floor in leading to the elevator and then in the elevator too, the 2nd building is old,smells and needs remodel bad. The new room is 2 bedroom but its hit and miss, way to much furniture, kitchen is dated, microwave falling down, dusty and dirty and about a 3" gap under the front door so someone could look in if they wanted.

When we tell them the room will not work they offer to move us back to the 1st building but to the room a joining the room with the rat?

It was just a trip hotel from hell which is really sad because its normally an ok hotel. We book next time at Hilton.

Was really disappointed that management didn't reach out to us in till we contacted them.

John Dominguez Assistant GM useless!

Room Tip: Make sure remodel is done and only book the main building.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RollPositive
Thank you for rating us on trip advisor as we are always looking to improve our hotel and do well by all of our guests. As most business professionals I was not available during the weekend while you were here at the property: however, we always have a manager on duty.

As we are currently undergoing renovations, we have the challenge of insuring that our hotel continues to operate with minimal disruption to our guests. We understand that finding a mouse in your room can be an unnerving situation and tried to put you at ease for the duration of your stay. My staff did need to relocate you to another room so that we could have an external company resolve the issue which has now been rectified and make sure that you had a comfortable and pest free stay.

I’m happy to see that my staff offered you an upgraded newly renovated accessibility suite that did not have any adjoining wall or door to the previous room. We are sorry that you declined it. My understanding is the manager also offered to purchase a shower chair as the remaining 16 accessible rooms were fully committed. The Suite that you were relocated to was an upgraded suite as an additional apology for the issue that occurred. In my email to you on Monday after you had departed I explained that the renovation construction team working in the building you had relocated to did in fact make scuff marks on the floor from the tires of the dolly's that they were using to move the larger furniture out of the rooms to make way for the new furniture that we were receiving. As we placed you in an un-renovated suite for the final part of your stay, I can understand why you would feel it was out dated as the renovation is to give us a more modern and updated look and this suite had not been completed as of yet. As per Marriott standard the renovation information was available to all guests as of the beginning of October prior to when your reservation was made.

Jeanette the Manager on duty removed your charges for the first night due to the mouse incident, while isolated, is unacceptable. We sincerely apologize as no guest should ever experience that. As you have stated, you have stayed with us numerous times and have never had any issues.

The room you noticed with the door opened was awaiting a new air conditioning unit, there is nothing in this room that would present a security issue for our guests. We will also be purchasing some extra assistance chairs to accommodate past our eighteen accessibility rooms.

again our apologies that your stay was less than perfect. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you again during the annual super cross event at Angel Stadium.
Angus, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

The good, the Disneyland ART transport to Disneyland comes right to the hotel. Walking distance to Honda center and Angel Stadium. Rooms have a kitchen, beds and pillows not bad, in need of renovations which they have started. Not so good, breakfast OK, basically continental. The biggest problem I had was the cleanliness of the room, seemed fairly clean at first but noticed a couple of things. Without going into detail I almost left the room as I was so upset. Talked with the front desk, rectified a couple of problems and the next day the room was cleaned spotlessly. We had it booked for 5 days and we stayed for the five days. If hotels close by were not all booked up I probably would have changed hotels. That said it all worked out OK.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnDAnaheim, Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello and thank you for staying with us and reviewing us here on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the issues that you may have had during your stay, I am happy to hear that my staff was able to rectify those on your first day of arrival. It is unfortunate that you felt our breakfast was unsatisfactory. We added the waffle maker a few months ago, to give our guests the addition of a hot item. As guests felt the continental was not sufficient enough. I hope you will give us another opportunity to wow you with our property the next time you are in the Anaheim area. Thank you again for staying with us. Please let us know if we can assist you further in your future travels.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel consists of two buildings in a nice area of Anaheim. I stayed here for 3 weeks in 3 different rooms on business.

I first noticed that all three rooms, although all somewhat similar in design, are very different in terms of different stages of life and maintenance. One of my rooms, in the main building, had much newer furnishings and was designed better than the two rooms I had in the alternate building. There was nothing technically "wrong" with any of the rooms; however, one definitely had a newer and more like-home feel. The bed was nice in my opinion.

The pool area was very nice, and the complimentary breakfast was quite nice as well.

My one biggest complaint is the Wi-fi. This hotel has an absolutely terrible Wi-Fi Network. No matter which room I was in, the connection was constantly on and then off, and then on and then off. I was told by the front desk representative, that they are constantly having to reset the wi-fi signal. I was connecting via a Iphone; however, on my home Wi-Fi Network or other public Wi-fi networks like Starbucks, it never has done this, so I'm sure that it is the hotel's network. In fact, in the evening, I often went to the adjacent Starbucks, and used there Wi-fi without difficulty.

Being that this is an area with a high concentration of hotels, I would probably choose another property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sensenigr
Hello and thank you for staying with TownePlace Suites Anaheim and for reviewing us here on Trip Advisor. I apologize that you seem to have issues with the internet as I have not had that issue come to my attention per other guests or my staff. However, I will follow up in regards to that to make sure that issue does not reoccur. It sounds like on your last visit you may have experienced one of our newly renovated suites if you moved from our second building to the first as that is where we started renovating our suites. We have been placing our guests in our second building to avoid any issues with the renovation as we know that noise and dust can impact one's stay, but very happy to hear that you enjoyed it. We will be completed with all of our suites end of January. Please come back and visit us again soon as we get more of our suites completed. Thank you again for staying.
Midway, Utah, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had a wonderful vacation. Everything at the TownPlace Suites was wonderful. The staff was professional and courteous. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was fresh. The shuttle to Disneyland was convenient. They even found a room for us to check into at 10 A.M. Could not have asked for anything more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RANDALL S
JohnDAnaheim, Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hello and thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear that you had such a great stay with us. Our staff is top notch they all enjoy what they do and are always looking to find new ways to assist our guests during their travels with us. We look forward to assisting in the future during your next trip to the Anaheim area. Till then M.I.C. See ya real soon....K.E.Y. Why? because we like you. M.O.U.S.E.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here the end of August with the family. The Hotel is in a great location right next to the Stadium and a straight 5 minute shot to Disney. Hotel was clean and friendly staff. Breakfast was OK. The hotel is outdated and needs to be refreshed. Room size was good and kitchen stocked with plates, cups, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Slickd23
JohnDAnaheim, Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for staying with us. I am happy to hear how much you enjoy our staff and location. I do agree we are a bit of an older hotel. However if you come back and see us after the new year our suites and lobby will be completely renovated. All of us here at TPS Anaheim are very excited for this upgrade to our home. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next arrival and continuing to impress you with our staff service and our newly designed suites.
Provo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times now for a family trip to Disneyland. I love your staff. This trip, Annisa at the Front Desk was very helpful when we checked in. I also stay here because it has free parking, and full kitchens. We go to Anaheim 3-4 times a year and this has become our favorite hotel, primarily due to price and location. With that said, as much as I like the staff and location, this hotel is in desperate need of a renovation. I am sure the hotel is already working on making this happen but until it does, just know that things look a little shabby for now. I was in a room with a hole in the front door. It had a piece of tap over it that blended in with the wood on the door. That's not fooling anybody. This is just one example of course. This kind of things don't really bother me though. I look forward to the renovation but will certainly stay here again even if it is not. Also, I hope they upgrade their gym area during the renovation. They had one dumb bell in the exercise room. Not one set, one 30 pound dumb bell. What the heck is that? It seemed like a guest left it there the management thought it would be better than nothing so they just kept it. It was kinda strange.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra money for an upgraded suite. The extra space is well worth it for a family...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brentn
JohnDAnaheim, Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for staying with us. I am happy to hear how much you enjoy our staff and location. I do agree we are a bit of an older hotel. However if you come back and see us after the new year our suites and lobby will be completely renovated. All of us here at TPS Anaheim are very excited for this upgrade to our home. Thank you so much for your return visits we look forward to your next arrival and continuing to impress you with our staff service and our newly designed suites.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,992 reviews
The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
Candlewood Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate

Been to TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium? Share your experiences!