“Great location in Anaheim for Honda Center and quick access to freeway”

TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium
Ranked #48 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in November 2011. Our purpose of the trip was to see our Vancouver Canucks hockey team play the LA Kings and the Anaheim Ducks.
Hotel was very clean and seemed quite new. Free parking and breakfast included.
Booked it through expedia.
Front desk staff were exceptionally nice, chatted with us about our visit to Anaheim, gave us directions to shopping.
Room was nice, functional, queen bed and pull out sofa. Free internet that connected easily and quickly, no special codes required.
Room had small kitchenette with fridge, microwave etc.
Complimentary breakfast was very good, pancakes, bagels, english muffins, various yogurts, oatmeal, coffee, tea, juices, milks, hot chocolate. Could have used some jam, only had pb, honey and grape jelly.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SarahandTigs

Reviewed October 24, 2011

My husband and I came to Anaheim from Arizona for the weekend. Upon arrival we were greeted by wonderful staff, very helpful even printed out a list of restaurants for us, We had dinner at the Catch walking distance away. Our room was lovely, A two bedroom with full kitchen very comfortable Spacious but still felt cozy It's a great place to stay if you are wanting to go to the many attractions in and around Anaheim: proximity to Angels Stadium, The Grove, The Honda Center, The Block and Disneyland by using ART shuttle which has a stop directly in front of the hotel with tickets available at the front desk. Breakfast included.There is also Free Coffee, Tea & Hot Chocolate available in the lobby 24 hours. This was our first stay here and it won't be our last!! Thanks Guys for making us welcome

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela M
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Great location near Disney with a shuttle for $4 per person to the park. We stayed in October 2011 and paid $161 for the largest room they had because we were travelling with our 2 teenaged boys and wanted them to have their own bed. The pull out mattress was paper thin and not adequate for my youngest son who is 100lbs. When the pull out is set up it takes up the entire living room and makes getting to the phone or tv impossible. The hotel is located right beside the train tracks with lots of traffic that start early and run late. Every time the train would pass they would blow the horn to clear the intersection. That generally started around 5:30am and would happen every 15 or 20 minutes. We had planned on staying there for 3 nights and arrived late the first night. After 5:30am when we were awoke to the trains we managed to break the reservation (with no charge) and checked into the Hilton just up the street for only $40 bucks more a night. While worth it!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank NonRIUTraveller
Management response:Responded November 29, 2011

We sincerely appreciate your review of our hotel. We are delighted you found our hotel to have a great location and truly apologize that the sofa beds were not as comfortable as you would have liked. Our hotel does operate with a Preventative Maintenance program in place to make certain our hotel and its fitting are all kept up. We will look into the matter more closely. While the trains are out of our control, we do recommend for our lighter sleepers to possibly request a room that is located towards the front of the property. The trains tend to run more frequently during morning rush hour and less frequent in the afternoons and with even larger gaps on the weekends. Thank you again for your feedback as it allows us to further improve upon the present and future stays for all our guests.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I wasn't sure about this hotel at first from reading the reviews but once I finished my stay I was hooked.
I was running late and the staff were polite on the phone letting me know they switched my reservation to a late arrival. Once I arrived I found that the refrigerator wasn't working properly. The guy at the front desk was there to help me within 5 min since the maintenance guy wasn't there at that time. He ended up getting me a new room and some free ice cream for my trouble plus helped me carry my things since I was alone. The new room was just as nice as the other one with a freezing cold fridge which was perfect.
The only cons I have with this hotel are the trains and Disneyland/ Angel stadium fireworks can be pretty loud but if you bring some earplugs then no biggie the only other things are the Internet can be a tad slow but if you have 3 or 4G again no big deal and the TV only has basic cable. All in all as an Elite Marriott Rewards member it's a really great hotel compared to some really bad ones I've stayed in. It works well for what you need it for and I love having a full kitchen in the studios!!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Jewls03
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I choose this hotel since I was arriving in Anaheim by train and did not want to rent a car. This hotel is a great if you wish to attend a baseball or hockey game since you can walk to either venue. I arrived in Anaheim via Amtrak and the walk to the hotel was about 10 minutes. The walk to the ball game also took about 10 minutes. The Honda Center is about a 15 minute walk.

A great selection of restaurant were within walking distance.

Staff was nice and friendly.

Will return.

Room Tip: Room was quiet and A/C worked fine.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Let me premise this review with .... (1) I often stay at Marriot sub-brand hotels from Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, to Springhill Suites for 30+ nights/year. This is not the 1st time for me to use TownPlace. Stayed there to be nearby UCI hospital.

My family was given room in bldg. next to lobby/receptionist building. Lobby bldg was clean & typical of what I expect. Next building over had this overwhelming bad stench upon entering the building, in the old & squeeky elevator and along the halls of our room. You can tell this was an old bldg. Upon entering room, bad stench was not so strong but still noticeable. My whole family noticed bad stench & even my kids. We decided to stay only 1 nite bc did not like what we had to experience for an overnight stay.
I expressed my disappointment to kitchen staff who was more interested in what I thought by asking more questions. Upon check out, I expressed to front desk who only replied "oh no". Really??? (that was my chance to see what will be said before I post such a review online). Needless to say, I will NOT be going back and plan to share my opinion w/ others!
PROS: (1) proximity to Angels Stadium, Grove, UCI hospital, the Block and Disneyland by using ART schuttle. (2) breakfast included, (3) kitchenette rooms
CONS: (1) bad stench in building & hallways. I almost dreaded exiting/entering bldg. to get exposed to it. (2) poor reaction to front desk staff, (3) Queen bed is very small ...more like a Full sized bed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Myinbox125
Management response:Responded September 22, 2011

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stench you smelled during your stay with us and did not receive the response you were looking for from our front desk. At times certain cooking smells can linger, as we are an extended stay hotel and offer fully equipped kitchens. We do have housekeeping procedures we follow on a daily basis to maintain a specific level of freshness throughout the hotel. Additionally, while our hotel is less than 12 years old we underwent a major renovation a few years back and we have a in place a Preventative Maintenance program to ascertain our hotel and its fittings are all continuously kept up to the highest level possible. Nevertheless, your concerns will definitely be looked into and we certainly appreciate your feedback as it allows us to further improve upon the present and future stays for all our guests.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

The hotel itself is quite new and in great shape. My room was scrupulously clean and the furnishings and finish, whilst not high end, were good quality. Every member of staff I interacted with was very pleasant. The Free Breakfast was basically just cereals and muffins, but hey its Free!
As the title of my review might imply, I was extremely disappointed with the internet service. Both the wireless and the wired connections were very slow and often non-existent. I was trying to work from the room and ended up having to go to Starbucks. I did call reception and ask if there were any problems with the internet. The "Telling" response was: "You are the first person to call tonight. I'll call and have them re-set it"...
My other gripe is that the Television service is not HD, perhaps I'm being petty, but it is very annoying to watch stretched out TV pictures.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Tiswos
Management response:Responded August 31, 2011

Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate for your stay. We are excited to hear that you found the hotel, its furnishings and amenities to be of good quality. We certainly apologize for your internet experience and please know that we are actually in the process of upgrading the internet speed throughout the hotel. We definitely strive to keep up with technology, though there are times where the upgrade projects can take a little bit longer to complete. Thank you again for your review as it allows us to examine more closely on how we can improve upon and continue to provide a great stay for all our guests.